Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla TV Web App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just thought I'd try this but doesn't seem to be working anymore?

For what it's worth, it just looks like the host no longer paid up the domain renewal or hosting, however it's not the end of the world as you do still have the 'manual' option:

Reactions: m3p_uk
After seeing the great work made on TeslaTheater.com for US owners, as I am on gardening leave till I start my new job and replacing my Model S with a Model 3 that actually has a working web browser, I plan to make a UK equivalent to keep me busy.

TMC thread on the US Version TeslaTheater.com

To do List
  1. Buy a domain - Done - Teslatv.co.uk
  2. Choose App List (please feel free to add)
    1. BBC iPlayer
    2. ITV Player
    3. 4oD
    4. Demand 5
    5. Netflix
    6. Youtube
    7. Plex
    8. Amazon Prime
  3. Basic Splash Page - In Progress
  4. Basic Session Management (to be able to add own links and organise dashboard according to preferences)
Anyone know if this is likely to come back? Assume not as it's been dead for a while :-(

I think it changed to ABetterTheater.com - Full Screen Apps as there was some concern Tesla might complain about them using the Tesla name.

thats the US version referenced in the original post. OP was making a UK version. I’d be ok with abettertheater.com if it let you put your own shortcuts. I guess its mostly just using the youtube method so I expect you could do it with a website builder if you put your mind to it (although not sure where you’d start)

Beta version of App is up at Tesla TV UK.

I have added a login functionality now that allows you create an account and manage your own links. Today this just via a JSON body e.g as per mine in the attachment below.

Things I'll work on:
  • Dark/Light Mode Selector at some point with that saved as a setting as well.
  • Easier way to manage App Links for people not comfortable with the simple JSON at the moment.
  • Fixing the User Info Click bug since I pushed live.
Let me know thoughts on the first release, I've not even had time to try in my own car yet :D Suggestions welcome.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-24 at 09.24.21.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-24 at 09.24.21.png
    128 KB · Views: 53
Seems to be a few issues since pushed build live. Sign in with google seems to work fine, creating your own account doesn't. I need to get back to work for now but will try fix it all this evening.

Thanks for all of your work on this!

What/Where is the 'Geo button' mentioned under Help?

FYI the link to the 'Centre Console Organiser' has an extra h in https.
FYI the second bullet point in 'Important Notes' is missing a 'P' at the beginning
Thanks for the feedback, fixed the second too. For the Geo Button, I will add this back today. Sorry bit of copy+paste from old version to new!