Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Unionization

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Elon is confident things will be fine in Sweden, according to a recent X Spaces interview.

Contrast that to the union reps, who are convinced their latest attempt can't be bypassed: they're blocking new Superchargers from being connected to the grid. How ridiculous is that? With almost every other OEM signing on with NACS, they're now targeting all EV owners (especially since the existing chargers are probably mostly Tesla-only... And then new ones are ones that everyone can use, if it's the same as NA)? This barely affects Tesla Sweden at all, perhaps some tiny missed revenue that won't be noticed.

Contrast that to the union reps, who are convinced their latest attempt can't be bypassed: they're blocking new Superchargers from being connected to the grid. How ridiculous is that? With almost every other OEM signing on with NACS, they're now targeting all EV owners (especially since the existing chargers are probably mostly Tesla-only... And then new ones are ones that everyone can use, if it's the same as NA)? This barely affects Tesla Sweden at all, perhaps some tiny missed revenue that won't be noticed.
Charging isn't like North America at all. NACS/J3400 is not a thing in Europe/Sweden, they use CCS2 for everything, even Tesla. Most Tesla Superchargers there have already been opened to everyone. So again, they aren't really hurting Tesla, they are hurting all EV drivers.

It seems "embargo"/boycott is Swedish tradition, interesting story of how they tried to fight IKEA back in the days:

Fascinating video - thanks for sharing. I'd say it's more a universal "status quo vs upstart disrupters" rather than a cultural thing. It's interesting how Ingvar was as flexible as Tesla Sweden - countering every attack with a shift in strategy and sometimes improving along the way. Disrupt an industry and prepare to be attacked from every angle.

That said, I hate Ikea stores - I'm not an impulse buyer so it's just pure annoyance to me. In addition to the maze, they also have designed the lighting, sound and smells to try to manipulate consumers psychologically, and after my battle with chronic Lyme disease my body's quite sensitive to that stimulation and I get physically sick. But I absolutely adore putting my own furniture together, so I guess I have them to thank for that (it wasn't clear if they were the first to do so worldwide?).

I think the union fiasco is more adjacent to this - afaik IKEA is unionized - though they were stabbed in the back by the furniture builders Union which certainly didn't work in their best interest.

Worldwide Tesla is still being attacked (as is Elon), but things seem to have quietened down in Sweden itself. I haven't come across any news lately, which suggests that perhaps IF Metall has run out of ideas?

• Love
Reactions: Tiger
IF Metall eases the Tesla blockade on May 1
IF Metall eases the blockade against Tesla. The trade union confirms this for Di.
The reason is that jobs are outsourced to workshops that do not have a collective agreement, and IF Metall wants to avoid that.
"Of course we don't want our conflict measures and our blockade to benefit such activities," says press manager Jesper Pettersson.

Last edited:
The reason is that jobs are outsourced to workshops that do not have a collective agreement, and IF Metall wants to avoid that.
"Of course we don't want our conflict measures and our blockade to benefit such activities," says press manager Jesper Pettersson.
Could anyone have possibly seen that coming? :)

Some more details: (Like they still can't work on Tesla owned vehicles, or perform warranty work for Tesla.)