Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla update SMS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No SMS here, didn't get the price change one either. Double checked my account and I've got all the options ticked and my phone number is correct (I got the £3500 gov grant one OK).

Even if it is Sept for me, that's fine, just means I'll need to get a set of tires on my current car :)

Does anyone know (or have a feel) for what the VIN allocation process is like? Naturally VIN in source long before any comment or documentation from Tesla or in your account with an actual VIN..

Maybe VIN in source when a vehicle is tentatively allocated (maybe at US docks or while on ship...) ..and final VIN once in the EU or even in the UK... ?

Got the text and......VIN has appeared too! :)
For ref, I ordered on June 21st as a P-, then changed it yesterday to the LRAWD. The revised price on my invoice is still messed up though (looks like an old version of the LRAWD price maybe?), so hope that gets sorted before long.

• Informative
Reactions: RjbT3
They aren't allocating cars at that point, and won't until nearer to handover. This gives Tesla maximum flexibility to discover that handover at e.g. Edinburgh can handle twice as many cars (recruitment went well) and somewhere else (where recruitment went badly) no longer can.

Your wanting it to be different and saying isn't going to change that. Tesla do not do it the way you want them to. If that is a problem for you then fair enough, but you'll need to change to a different brand.

Well, gee, thanks for explaining your interpretation of the process. Is that based on fact - are you a Tesla employee? Or have you simply using the internet Ouija board like the rest of us?

• Funny
Reactions: RjbT3 and LEE3
Is that based on fact

it was announced in Tesla Q1 presentation and referred to again in Q2 presentation (in that they were changing how they made the presentation taking into account that that change had been made since Q1).

Maybe VIN in source when a vehicle is tentatively allocated (maybe at US docks or while on ship...) ..and final VIN once in the EU or even in the UK... ?

My best guess would be that. There have been VIN-in-source that have been different type/colour of car, and changed for final invoice (mine was on both counts). There have been VIN-in-source that then went away with significant delivery delay. Again only a guess, but that might be the outcome if the car is damaged in transit and all other suitable cars already allocated then it is pushed back to next boat.

Just got this SMS too... and have a VIN in source... which seems positive for an August delivery... BUT its for a P- ...now I’m contemplating an order change...

I originally ordered P-. Didn’t have a VIN on Monday of this week. I phoned Tuesday when I saw the price / config changes and changed my order to a LR AWD. On Wednesday a VIN appeared in my account source code. And today I did get this text. I’m not sure that changing my order has made any difference in terms of delivery timeframe.

Only thing I’m waiting for is my order agreement and config within my account to be updated to reflect the change to LR AWD. The person I spoke to said that would take 2-3 days.

Almost same spec.
The new invoice you received are you charged FSD @ £5800 ? They are not honouring FSD at £4900 with new price.

Unfortunately it seems that is the case, all people I have seen reporting updated invoices have mentioned this (including me). Another thread mentions that people are now being told explicitly by email that they have to choose original price with FSD discount or new lower price without, which seems to differ to what some were told on the phone earlier.

It's understandable but almost completely negates the purpose of offering the discount in the first place given the relatively few deliveries made pre price change. As a new product launch it would surely have made more sense to keep the price stable for a couple more months to at least deliver the majority of orders with the FSD discount - somehow they have ended up saving people money but still doing so in a way that leaves a bit of a bad taste!

Yes, but give it time. It’s been mentioned here that they will honour initial FSD price.
I had three emails on Friday from Tesla - never happened before - very quick responses from them - they state go with original FSD £4900 but original higher car price or lower car price with FSD at £5800.I was told to choose.I made a choice grudingly and they sent an email saying thanks.Result higher FSD lower car price by £660 (not £1560).
Total car price inc delivery and white interior £58990 (before £3.5k) - i have updated invoice.

Unfortunately it seems that is the case, all people I have seen reporting updated invoices have mentioned this (including me). Another thread mentions that people are now being told explicitly by email that they have to choose original price with FSD discount or new lower price without, which seems to differ to what some were told on the phone earlier.

It's understandable but almost completely negates the purpose of offering the discount in the first place given the relatively few deliveries made pre price change. As a new product launch it would surely have made more sense to keep the price stable for a couple more months to at least deliver the majority of orders with the FSD discount - somehow they have ended up saving people money but still doing so in a way that leaves a bit of a bad taste!
Absolutely correct.It makes the buyer seem very foolish in buying FSD early - Just not fair at all.Just leave the price as is otherwise

Yes, but give it time. It’s been mentioned here that they will honour initial FSD price.
Thank you for your reply.

As we have change you to the new price book, this also applied to the new FSD price book of £5,800.00.

Should you wish to keep the FSD at £4,900.00 we will have to move the order to the old price book, which means a higher overall price for your car.

Please advise on how you wish to proceed.
Tesla email

Thank you for your reply.

As we have change you to the new price book, this also applied to the new FSD price book of £5,800.00.

Should you wish to keep the FSD at £4,900.00 we will have to move the order to the old price book, which means a higher overall price for your car.

Please advise on how you wish to proceed.

Thank you for your email and apologies for the delayed response.

I can confirm your order was eligible for the price chance and, as such, we have proactively updated your order to the newest price book.

A new order agreement has been uploaded to your Tesla portal,

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with,

Kind regards,
Tesla email
Lower price Higher FSD £5800