Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla V10 software update rollout: post here if you are still waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m thinking those are more likely to be folks that had a download running or even an install prompt sitting for 32.2, let it install now in hopes of getting 32.10 - I don’t really expect Tesla to be giving new downloads of older versions now, but I could be wrong.
yup, sounds right. In my limited experience, it can also be that those downloads were already in the queue before the latest version starts rolling out.

So just a few minutes ago, I went into the app store and looked at the updates available for my apps. I used the Update feature to get the latest Tesla app, but was surprised to see that it updated to 3.9.1 instead of the most current version, which is 3.10.

Here's the workaround...

Open up the app store, and manually search for "Tesla." In the search results, tap on the Tesla app icon, do not hit the Open button. In the next screen, an Update button will appear. Hit it.

For some reason, the app update functionality of IOS 13.x is currently pushing v3.9.1 of the Tesla app, yet manually searching for the Tesla app will get you to version 3.10.

Hope this helps.

So just a few minutes ago, I went into the app store and looked at the updates available for my apps. I used the Update feature to get the latest Tesla app, but was surprised to see that it updated to 3.9.1 instead of the most current version, which is 3.10.

Here's the workaround...

Open up the app store, and manually search for "Tesla." In the search results, tap on the Tesla app icon, do not hit the Open button. In the next screen, an Update button will appear. Hit it.

For some reason, the app update functionality of IOS 13.x is currently pushing v3.9.1 of the Tesla app, yet manually searching for the Tesla app will get you to version 3.10.

Hope this helps.

Thank you! I just did this and worked perfectly, got 3.10!

Thanks again!

Reactions: Phlier
LOL, I remember those modems... my first was an acoustic coupler modem. You put the phone into a cradle. Ah, memories.

But what @CharleyBC should probably do, is open up the phone app, hit "Schedule Service", then the "Software Update" option, then in the text field that appears type, "Software Update is Stuck", then submit. It'll schedule him for a service appointment, but likely what will happen is that they'll unstick the update, push him a new one, then cancel the service appointment.
Hayes 1200 and VIC20 300 baud modems, I had...

So I have 3.1, but don’t have V10 yet (have a P3D w FSD and advanced updates)... there’s no window controls or smart summon... yet... even when in 3.1... I guess you need to have V10 first....

But thanks for the info your workaround worked perfectly!

Here's the workaround...

Hope this helps.
I used that trick and it showed the update symbol, when i clicked on it, it showed that it updated 34 min. ago, very strange behavior but I am now on 3.10, thanks

Hayes 1200 and VIC20 300 baud modems, I had...
Yup, I had both of those, too! Man, I wish I would've kept them.

I still have an original Macintosh from 1984 packed away in its original packaging with all of the original discs and documentation. :) I bought it brand new in 1984 from the University of Utah's student computer purchasing program. Used that machine for a year of high school, and most of college!

Yup, I had both of those, too! Man, I wish I would've kept them.

I still have an original Macintosh from 1984 packed away in its original packaging with all of the original discs and documentation. :) I bought it brand new in 1984 from the University of Utah's student computer purchasing program. Used that machine for a year of high school, and most of college!
I still have the VIC20, but not the Commodore64! I used these and the 300 baud modem to access the University’s mainframe - so I didn’t have to waste time with punch cards or waiting for a terminal in the computer lab. First remote computing and virtual office!

• Love
I still have the VIC20, but not the Commodore64!
Oh man, I spent so many hours playing games on my friend's Commodore64. That was such a great machine. And the games support was just... legendary.

But trying to buy legacy hardware nowadays? Forget about it! Soooo expensive. Sure would be fun to buy some vintage hardware and relive the old days.

The emulators are pretty good, but doesn't give the feel of running on the original hardware.

Reactions: jebinc
I don’t even have v10 in my grubby little hands and I’m already thinking of follow-on feature requests....

Would be awesome if we could download “theater” content to a flash drive for offline viewing. That’s not already a part of v10 is it?

Use the car to save videos from Netflix and YouTube? That seems like a weird request.

There’s a brief mention in some release notes I saw on FB of being able to share videos from a phone app through the Tesla app. Not sure how much to read into that.

Use the car to save videos from Netflix and YouTube? That seems like a weird request.

There’s a brief mention in some release notes I saw on FB of being able to share videos from a phone app through the Tesla app. Not sure how much to read into that.

Why weird? It would allow you to download a movie while at home and then view it if you were parked somewhere without a wi-fi signal. There have been times I’ve been stuck in the car with my toddler but without his tablet or a wifi signal.

Although if the phone sharing works well it’d be basically the same thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.