Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Wall Charger charging car usage is not showing up under Tesla Home house usage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have a 12.25 Kw system and 3 power walls. Recently had Wall Charger added after PTO and inspections. We have 2 break boxes.

First time I looked at Tesla app while charging car and its usage does not show up in the Tesla app under Solar Home on either Powerwall, Grid or Home areas. Any suggestions why the Tesla wall charger usage isn't showing up as extra house electric usage in the Tesla app?

We have a 12.25 Kw system and 3 power walls. Recently had Wall Charger added after PTO and inspections. We have 2 break boxes.

First time I looked at Tesla app while charging car and its usage does not show up in the Tesla app under Solar Home on either Powerwall, Grid or Home areas. Any suggestions why the Tesla wall charger usage isn't showing up as extra house electric usage in the Tesla app?
The installer who did the HPWC probably did not install it where it would be monitored.

Likely, you will either need to land the HPWC charger wires inside a panel that is already downstream of the existing Neurio CT meter (likely in the TEG), or add an additional Neurio CT meter to capture the HPWC draw.

For the breaker box that is being used for the Tesla wall charger, do you see the energy consumption of the other loads being fed by this breaker box in your Tesla App?

For the breaker box that is being used for the Tesla wall charger, do you see the energy consumption of the other loads being fed by this breaker box in your Tesla App?

Im seriously guessing here, but since the OP states the wall connector was "added after PTO and inspections" my guess is, its likely in the main service panel (which likely had everything relocated out of it for whole home backup).

That size install is probably a whole home backup, and whomever installed the system (tesla or otherwise) would not have put a CT to monitor any load in the main panel because nothing was there.

Thats my guess anyway, with no other information.

Im seriously guessing here, but since the OP states the wall connector was "added after PTO and inspections" my guess is, its likely in the main service panel (which likely had everything relocated out of it for whole home backup).

That size install is probably a whole home backup, and whomever installed the system (tesla or otherwise) would not have put a CT to monitor any load in the main panel because nothing was there.

Thats my guess anyway, with no other information.

Oh ok since he's in NY, I figured he didn't have that malarkey of the integrated main panel + meter combo that is popular in California. But yeah, I can see what you're saying that the installer just chucked the breaker for the wall charger somewhere that wasn't the existing two load centers in his whole home backup. Too many scary red stickers on these ESS installs!

Tesla energy says Tier 2 has to review the entire plan and install first before it goes back into Cue to be resolved based on what they find.

Be prepared for them not to want to do anything at all, since the wall connector was added post powerwall install. If you have other things on that panel (where the wall connector is installed) that were there during the install period, I would suggest if / when they come back to you, you focus on those things and not the wall connector.

Reactions: EdSt