Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • The final cut of TMC Podcast #34 is available now with topics timestamped. We covered Tesla's rollercoaster prices, Toyota pushing junk science, Mike's new Model 3, Optimizing track mode for snow driving, FSD V11 apparently coming by the end of this week, and more. You can watch and check out the chat replay on YouTube.

Tesla Wall connector commissioning issue

Rocky_H

Feb 19, 2015
Boise, ID
Because it doesn't update to the latest software version. Mine is on 21.36.5 and there is at least one more recent version: 22.70.0. It should update automatically. It doesn't and the process needs to be fixed.
First, what does it really help you with thinking you need to be on the latest version?
And secondly, yes it will update to the latest version. People get impatient, thinking it needs to do that immediately, so they start with this tinkering and downloading and forcing manual updates, which isn't necessary. This has been seen that in a week or two, as it communicates with Tesla, they poll the installed connectors, and the updates get sent out. The updates with the cars have worked this way too, where they get rolled out in batches over time. People have always been impatient with that too, but didn't have a way to force it to go sooner; they just created threads here on the forum, complaining about how their car hadn't updated yet.

Thank you Halldawg and nv30x6. Charging works fine. I am just trying to make sure the charger has the latest software in case an update becomes critical. nv30x6, I got to the Service screen with your suggestion. My question at this point is, which firmware file should I download and where do I get it? It gives me 3 option from"choose file" Photo Library, Take photo or video and Choose file. Which file do I upload and use? Thanks for your help.
I agree- found this thread after working for an hour, trying to get the page to load on an iphone. Appreciate the advice, switching to an ipad- that worked great.

Reactions: Halldawg
First, what does it really help you with thinking you need to be on the latest version?
I don't know, but I want to make sure that it is up-to-date. Perhaps the update I didn't get was critical and I would not have known about it.
And secondly, yes it will update to the latest version. People get impatient, thinking it needs to do that immediately
Well I have had the car over 2 months and it has not updated during that time. Am I being impatient when a process does not update in that period?
I think not and I appreciate nv30x6 for sharing his work around.

Reactions: Rocky_H

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC