Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla wall connector Gen2 80A and Gen3 load sharing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This might be an obvious question but here goes…. Has anyone setup a Gen2 80A and a Gen3 60A on a load sharing setup? Is it possible with the 2 different generations? I appreciate any insight or experience. I was thinking of doing. 100A sub panel and setting both up off of that.

Oh, now I see. Your post was self promotion. Still no mention of the price for a gen 2 that you consider reasonable. You can go on ebay now and see that they're nearly 2x more than gen 3. Is that what you consider reasonable?
Actually, the last time I looked on ebay(months ago, I'm lazy!) they weren't notably above Gen3's.

Looking now, I see sold(in the past month) prices from ~$250 to ~$600. $250-$350 seems reasonable to me. The $600 was a new Elon-'signed' unit, and while they are very nice looking I'm not sure I'd pay that for a special faceplate.

Actually, the last time I looked on ebay(months ago, I'm lazy!) they weren't notably above Gen3's.

Looking now, I see sold(in the past month) prices from ~$250 to ~$600. $250-$350 seems reasonable to me. The $600 was a new Elon-'signed' unit, and while they are very nice looking I'm not sure I'd pay that for a special faceplate.
The only new one I see that recently sold (12/15) was over $1,000 after shipping. Tax adds another $75ish to that as well. That's not even the coveted Elon signed one either. When I see them come up other places (Craigslist, Facebook, etc.) the new ones are typically around $1,000 or nearly double the price of a gen 3.

The only new one I see that recently sold (12/15) was over $1,000 after shipping. Tax adds another $75ish to that as well. That's not even the coveted Elon signed one either. When I see them come up other places (Craigslist, Facebook, etc.) the new ones are typically around $1,000 or nearly double the price of a gen 3.
Here's a sampling... you need to search for a variety of things, 'tesla wall connector Gen 2', 'tesla hpwc Gen 2' and so on.

Its clear I need to take a little time and do some listing :)

Here's a sampling... you need to search for a variety of things, 'tesla wall connector Gen 2', 'tesla hpwc Gen 2' and so on.

Its clear I need to take a little time and do some listing :)
The only new one is the first one and it requires local p/u which dramatically decreases the potential buyer pool. The new ones typically sell for around a grand so if you have some to sell I'd recommend creating your own eBay action or CL listing because that's current market value and has been for some time now.