Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Wall Connector load sharing protocol

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like you're knowledgeable and have a good handle on it (no pun intended!) I'm afraid I don't know anybody who has tried a Taycan with the load sharing system.

Please do report back to let us know the specs on the thermistor, and how the Taycan works out.
Forgot to update this thread. I have a 3 way 80A HWPC, replaced 2 of the Tesla cables with J1772 cables with added temperature sensing thermistor. Have been using this setup with Tesla, Audi, Porsche, no problems load sharing, with only a single car charging it gets the full 80A. Have been using it for a year and half now, including using the one remaining Tesla connector with a $30 80A rated J1772 adapter from Amazon - has been working fine for a year now, at 80A. Here is a picture of 2 of the 3 HPWC's, charging a Porsche and a Tesla. Third one is on the other side of the garage for cars with ports not near the ouside door (e.g. when charging 2 Model S'es).
1719621175705.png

Last edited: