Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla wall connector solid red light

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We had our Tesla wall connector professionally installed back in July and this morning we noticed a solid red light on the unit.
The manual says that a solid red light means Hardware failure.
I think the unit needs to be replaced at least that's what the electrician said.
Does anyone have Tesla's phone number? I'm in Canada.

We had our Tesla wall connector professionally installed back in July and this morning we noticed a solid red light on the unit.
The manual says that a solid red light means Hardware failure.
I think the unit needs to be replaced at least that's what the electrician said.
Does anyone have Tesla's phone number? I'm in Canada.

Sorry, have to ask:
Have you tried turning off the breaker feeding the connector, waiting 30 seconds, and then turning it back on?

My electrician didn't test my charger, so I had a red light, too. Read the manual (p. 22), and open the device. My dial was set to "Test" mode, not 72A. Rotate it to the correct amperage for your circuit.

No need to call your electrician. Note that there are strange little screws (two sizes) that need a special driver to open the device. You will need Torx drivers: T20 security pin and Torx T10, which are part of lots of driver bit kits.

My electrician didn't test my charger, so I had a red light, too. Read the manual (p. 22), and open the device. My dial was set to "Test" mode, not 72A. Rotate it to the correct amperage for your circuit.

No need to call your electrician. Note that there are strange little screws (two sizes) that need a special driver to open the device. You will need Torx drivers: T20 security pin and Torx T10, which are part of lots of driver bit kits.

Their install was back in July. Unless it was donw way ahead of the vehicle purchase, I'm guessing the dial was set and the red light is new.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H