Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Waze no longer works in browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the latest software (2014 MS with MCU2) a few days ago, and Teslawaze is crashing out sometimes in less than 30 seconds. This is crap. Usually doesn't last more than 5 minutes, but the frequent crashes are getting even faster recently.

Same here. Nothing to do but hope they improve the browser again.
Aside from TeslaWaze, I’m already happy that most site of hotel/restaurants that I open from the navigation open fast and mostly well enough to check menus and prices and pics.
I got the latest software (2014 MS with MCU2) a few days ago, and Teslawaze is crashing out sometimes in less than 30 seconds. This is crap. Usually doesn't last more than 5 minutes, but the frequent crashes are getting even faster recently.

Reactions: QUBO
Concur with all of the above, except that on BOTH of our '19 and '20 Raven MS's, TeslaWaze hasn't worked for many months. Every time I've tried it just crashes the browser.

It's exasperating as I'd grown to love it over the years, and ever since mid-2021 it's been down for us. Tesla Service says, "Oh, it must draw too many resources and that's why it crashes the browser. Sorry, nothing we can do."
I have to say, after upgrading the MCU I was hoping that the upgrade would give me a usable browser. No such luck. The 1/2 screen browser often goes blank, except for the route - the route doesn't update smoothly - there does not appear to be any 'recalculation of route' and finally, there isn't any 'turn by turn' voice directions. Is this what I can expect for this 'several thousand dollar upgrade?"

I have to say, after upgrading the MCU I was hoping that the upgrade would give me a usable browser.
In my opinion, it is very usable now. I use it often to open restaurant or hotel or business web sites from the navigation and that works very well.

The 1/2 screen browser
It indeed open 1/2 screen but you can swip up from the top of it to make it use 90% of the screen. Useful on some site.

often goes blank, except for the route - the route doesn't update smoothly - there does not appear to be any 'recalculation of route' and finally, there isn't any 'turn by turn' voice directions.
The browser is limited when driving. No video or sound.
Similarly to YouTube and other streaming apps and games are. So although TeslaWaze can load, it remains limited and I agree, it fails within a few minutes.

I use it to check the map for what is on our route. But I don’t keep it open anymore, as it always blanks.

Is this what I can expect for this 'several thousand dollar upgrade?"

If indeed you did the upgrade only for TeslaWaze in the browser, it’s quite expensive.
I’m very happy with the speed in general and the new features like waypoints and working voice commands.
And I do enjoy having Netflix when I need to wait in the car for the kids at their practice.

Not so long ago, TeslaWaze caused a full reboot of the MCU2. I made a service request and was later contacted to be told that indeed TeslaWaze was putting too much stress on the browser. So I made my peace with it. I can open it a few minutes, it give me the info I need then I close it.

Hope you enjoy your upgrade anyway.