Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Winter Tire Package - Lead-time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tires typically have nothing to do with the Regen limitation. The limitation only comes into play due to current pack charge level or temperature. I can confirm that there is no difference in regen limitation between winter or summer tires.

Some notes so far (no snow, just dry warm (17C) / cold (-2C) pavement):
- Very quite tires, quieter so than the stock aeros
- handling very good on dry warm/cold pavement (similar to summer tires, only a slight give)
- I would approximate about 5-10% increase in energy consumption vs. the summers due to higher rolling resistance

Next test, ice & snow...
That should be the way it works but you’ll note some various stories from others, that this is not entirely correct with the 3. Battery temp and lower charge have not eliminated the issue. At higher speeds there is no regen. It doesn’t kick in until manually breaking to about 20mph.

So, I’m interested to know if when the condidtions are correct for full regen, does it work with the Tesla winter package because it doesn’t with others. A friend of mine alerted me to the issue. He drove to the shop for install and had regen as usual. Hasn’t had it since. Cold, warm, fully charged, half charged, driving right after charging but not more than 80%, dots or no dots. There is no regen above 25 mph. Period. We’ve even confirmed that the standard regen is on and not switched to low. He went to Tesla Friday and was told they don’t know, maybe the car is learning a new grip level.

So there is an issue outside of battery temp and state of charge.

Last edited:
Vancouver. Ordered 18 inch wheels and winter tires package on September 30th, just got a call tonight (Oct. 22) and it's a mobile service. Mobile service booked for Saturday (Oct. 27).

Anyone know if this mobile service is being offered in Ottawa, and who the company is?

I wish Tesla would update their site - I didn't buy from there because it says you have to go to the service centre to get them fitted. That means Montreal (2.5h drive) if you're in Ottawa which is too painful. Now I've bought my own and have to run the Costco gauntlet this Friday - maybe they'll happily lift a TM3, maybe they won't...

Noticed today for the first time that the Tesla store website says that Canadian customers will get their tires delivered starting in November. Obviously they've already started deliveries and installations, so I'm assuming this means most folks will get theirs in November. Or in typical Tesla fashion they're hoping some minor change in the website will calm people down and reduce phone and email inquiries about timing.

Tesla Canada website showing the 18" winter tire package as sold out as of right now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 9.00.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 9.00.51 PM.png
    491 KB · Views: 83
Prepped for winter’s worst. 18” Tsportline space grey wheels with studded Nokian Hakka 9’s and 19” TSportline metallic grey with Nokian R3’s.

Will review these in a few weeks after I get my car back from post-delivery paint issues being fixed and getting PPF and window tint afterwards.

Attachments

• 80C0F9F9-322F-4D69-B996-D8509D0FF324.jpeg
    80C0F9F9-322F-4D69-B996-D8509D0FF324.jpeg
    489.2 KB · Views: 49
  • F1B4D165-D171-4D2C-A26E-BBB1AA635296.jpeg
    F1B4D165-D171-4D2C-A26E-BBB1AA635296.jpeg
    390 KB · Views: 61
  • 47C49A00-37FA-4A79-9BD9-AA8FAA3B969E.jpeg
    47C49A00-37FA-4A79-9BD9-AA8FAA3B969E.jpeg
    424.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 3727EE63-4139-4422-8E1C-58DBA428FDCE.jpeg
    3727EE63-4139-4422-8E1C-58DBA428FDCE.jpeg
    398.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Love
Reactions: Tony_YYZ
I'm looking for the company that Tesla outources to for the install. Because a search on the name they provided only gets me to a not very professional looking company...

Yes, this is the company that Tesla outsources to. When I contacted the Oakville SC, they referred me to this company.

Here is the link that has additional information about their pricing for Tesla.

New Tesla Lead Page | GoTire

The Tire Storage Guy | We Pick Up And Deliver

This is company coming to install my Tesla tire package.
That's the one I found based on the email I got from Tesla, the website wasn't filling me with confidence... When are you scheduled to get install?
Not scheduled yet. Got a call from Tesla Service last week saying they were on the way and to expect a call from The Tire Storage Guy after Oct. 31. Said they would be "assembled" here so I'm assuming balancing etc. The website doesn't actually mention installation services but it seems like a logical extension. Also an opportunity for them to offer their storage services.