Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Winter Tire Package - Lead-time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought the car with 19” so I don’t have any aero covers to put on. It would be pretty misleading to sell them and use that picture but not to include the aero covers.

Agreed.

What’s that? It’s not the lug kit they sell on the site.

Looks like the lug nut cover that is on the 19s.

Maybe the full aero covers are just not a good idea in snow?

Mine are getting installed sometime next week by The Tire Storage Guys (contracted by Tesla)

Hi guys, allow me to chime in here. My Model 3 was configured with the 19 wheels when I took delivery in Montreal. I ordered the 18” Aero Rims and Winter Tire package on October 1st. On October 25th I got a got a call from Tesla to say my tires were in. On October 27th a 3rd Party Contractor came to my home to install the tires on site. I can confirm that the Aero Covers are included. To avoid confusion these are the fugly 18” covers that have 2 basic functions. They improve your mileage and make your Tesla look substantially worse. The Center cap kit and bolt covers are not included and I needed to order that separately. I actually received that on Oct 14th. I hope this clears things up here and if anyone wants to purchase some brand new unused Aero Covers feel free to reach out.

The caps in the picture by Yangy look like the caps provided with the 19" winter package. They may actually look better than the Aero covers but that's not what's in the Tesla Shop picture.

And those are also what you will not get (pictured). You will get the standard Aero wheel covers that come standard with the 18inch wheels (which, I love :)). Saved the new set and they just put on the old ones.

18” Aero Rims and Winter Tire package on October 1st. On October 25th I got a got a call from Tesla to say my tires were in. On October 27th a 3rd Party Contractor came to my home to install the tires on site.

Same everything, but I ordered on oct 9th, so I guess I should get the call tomorrow.

So I guess the aero covers will go directly to storage, since I already have the caps.

FYI -- I just talked with Montreal Service Centre (Parts Department) this morning about rims. It seems Tesla has massively underestimated the demand for additional 18" Aero rims and they are out of stock. I was told that they weren't expecting any until January, and some orders may not be able to be fulfilled as a result. He didn't seem very happy about the whole situation (no doubt there will be lots of frustrated customers as a result).

Of course, this means I don't have separate rims for winter -- which likely means I'll have to swap tires on to the existing rims until I can get a second set. (I do not want third party rims, so no point in suggesting them to me -- thanks.)

I will be posting to the "ask a question" and flagging it for executive review -- as this seems like a botched high-level issue to me. Others might want to do the same if they are affected.

Toronto-Lawrence location told me the same thing.

I had the same call last Thursday (I think) - but no email with the sign-up process. I couldn't even get them to call me back today.
And that makes my initial feelings of concern about the company start to come back... hopefully they are able to change out tires without any issues... Hopefully they aren't swamped by the amount of 3's in the GTA that chose to order. Or maybe we should be hoping they are swamped and that's the reason for the lack of communication

Reactions: yyzunderdog
Hi , guys if I order rim + tire package online now, what the lead time now for me to get them?

One thread here said they won’t be here until January.

The online order is very difficult to cancel. I don’t want to be stuck if it comes too late.
I don't think you can order the 18" package as it's sold out right now. For reference I ordered in the 18th of October.

Just received an email to schedule the installation on the 17th of Nov. earliest date was this Sat but I'm busy.. for my area it's every Saturday.

This is the place doing the tesla installs The Tire Change Guys | We Come To You!

Just got email from "The Tire Change Guys" (related to Tire Storage Guys). Booked for Saturday for installation of 18" package. For some reason, only Saturdays available (10th, 17th, 24th) morning or afternoon. Works for me.

Ordered October 15th.
Call from Tesla Service Oct 24th.

• Informative
Reactions: yyzunderdog
Just got email from "The Tire Change Guys" (related to Tire Storage Guys). Booked for Saturday for installation of 18" package. For some reason, only Saturdays available (10th, 17th, 24th) morning or afternoon. Works for me.

Ordered October 15th.
Call from Tesla Service Oct 24th.
That's great! I got the email last night as well - for my location there is nothing available to install for 3 months. Decidedly not great!

I ordered a while ago but have not heard anything yet about delivery or scheduled install. If the result when they finally arrive is that there are no install options for 3 months, that is obviously unacceptable and they will have to make some other arrangements.