Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Winter Tire Package - Lead-time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mobile service was another $110. I decided to let them take the tires for one season, but I'm going to setup storage inside my garage for future seasons. I'll likely still use them for their mobile installations down the road though, it was super convenient.

Did they give any indication of whether seasonal installation would be included for customers who bought the winter wheel and tire package online? Or is the "free installation", as I suspect, limited to the initial installation only?

Finally had my tires installed yesterday in my driveway! But I actually had to make another visit to the Mississagua SC center on Thursday Nov 8th to ask what's taking so long since the initial call from the The tire storage guys from 2 weeks ago. Once they pulled up my account and realized that I had ordered my package on May 10 2018, they got on the phone with the Tire storage guys and scheduled the install for the next day Nov 9.

Whereas I had read here that people ordered in beginning of October and had theirs installed by end of October. So YMMV, but you need to stay on top of them at the SC, as it appears that both Tesla and the Tire storage guys are very disorganized and they are not doing installs based on order date.

BTW you do get the Aero wheel covers with the 18" winter tire package from Tesla, not sure why the other member from BC did not get them.

A bit off-topic, but can anyone who got Pirelli Sottozero 2’s from Tesla confirm if the load index/speed rating on the sidewall is 94V or 98V?

94V

Edit: I see now in the parts catalogue that they have 98V as well as 94V for the R18. A while ago when I got mine they only had N0 94V up. They must have sourced and additional type in the last month.

Last edited:
94V

Edit: I see now in the parts catalogue that they have 98V as well as 94V for the R18. A while ago when I got mine they only had N0 94V up. They must have sourced and additional type in the last month.

What “parts catalogue” are you talking about?

Were your tires ordered from Tesla as part of their winter tire/wheel package?

To clarify for others, someone in a M3OC thread posted a photo of the tires that they got from Tesla and they’re actually 98V, not 94V.

Who has lost regen with winter tires?

I got a call today from the tire storage guys telling me that I'll hear from them in the next 1-3 weeks, with prioritization being based on when my original order date was. Sounded like the lady was reading a pre-written message to me, and had like 4 options for installation... I was told that I am out of their "service area" and that I may have to pay extra for the installation if they come to my house to install. Have others been told this as well? I mentioned to the lady that the package included installation, and she said that she would "make a note of it" but her initial speech quoted up to $100 for the home install. I forgot what the long list of installation options were, but they included shipping the tires to me for an added cost, having me drive to markham for them to install it, charging me extra for them to come install it, or arranging a "group" installation where they could do multiple people in the area at the same time for less/no cost... It sounds like everyone else has had the tire guys come to them. Were you all in the GTA? Anyone outside the GTA and get charged for installation?

I got a call today from the tire storage guys telling me that I'll hear from them in the next 1-3 weeks, with prioritization being based on when my original order date was. Sounded like the lady was reading a pre-written message to me, and had like 4 options for installation... I was told that I am out of their "service area" and that I may have to pay extra for the installation if they come to my house to install. Have others been told this as well? I mentioned to the lady that the package included installation, and she said that she would "make a note of it" but her initial speech quoted up to $100 for the home install. I forgot what the long list of installation options were, but they included shipping the tires to me for an added cost, having me drive to markham for them to install it, charging me extra for them to come install it, or arranging a "group" installation where they could do multiple people in the area at the same time for less/no cost... It sounds like everyone else has had the tire guys come to them. Were you all in the GTA? Anyone outside the GTA and get charged for installation?

She called me Sunday, she was surprised I was in Waterloo and said she would call me back Monday when they had a plan. They have not called back I guess they are making a plan, I was going to call them this morning.

Can anyone clarify if you had to pay the tire storage guys? It's super unclear and the order page did say installation was included..
Tires installed on Saturday in Markham. No additional charge. If you are "out of area", I suggest taking it up with the Tesla SC you arranged to have it delivered to. Installation is supposed to be included. I had assumed I would have to go the the SC for installation when I ordered but then they rolled out this service.

Can anyone clarify if you had to pay the tire storage guys? It's super unclear and the order page did say installation was included..

First of all the company "The Tire Storage Guys" from what I gather splintered into two separate companies.
"The Tire Storage Guys" and the "The Tire Change Guys"

The Tire Storage Guy | We Pick Up And Deliver
The Tire Change Guys | We Come To You!

Telsa appears to have contracted "The Tire Change Guys" to do all the winter tire set installations.
"The Tire Change Guys" were paid to install the tires, however, I think they assumed everyone was in the GTA and coming to Markham would be no problem, that should be already paid for.

If you are not in the GTA or if you want them to come to your house I gather they expect to charge an additional fee.

The problem was this is not the deal we signed up for, I can get to Oakville Service Centre in about 1.5 hours each way but Markham is more like 2.5 hours each way for me and that causes me problems. I would have just got a local place to install the tires.

It's luck of the draw, for me personally 1 day short of 6 months to the day since ordering! While others have gotten them in 2-3 weeks.

Thanks for the reply. I just saw this updated on the page “Note: Orders placed today will begin shipping to service centres in early December, you will be contacted by your service centre once they receive your product to arrange installation” so that gives a pretty good idea.

Realistically, they probably never intended to deliver them until the fall. Did they give you an estimated delivery date early on?
Yeah I agree with you. I remember reading they will start in fall