Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla won't take my money

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a customer service issue that's perhaps in my favor.
I had my installation a couple of weeks back but I'm still waiting for my interconnect etc. I got financing via Sunlight from Tesla and they have confirmed my loan is approved on their end.

But I cannot get anyone from Tesla to submit my loan application. No one seems that moved that I have an outstanding invoice. I have called and email a few times but still nothing on how to 'pay' for my solar/pw.

Anyone experience anything similar? I assume they're not just going to forget about me and besides, I want the warranty and interconnect!

Most installers don't expect payment until the PTO (interconnect) is issued. That is a big incentive for the installer to complete the final step. Is there a deadline that is driving your need for closure? You have leverage now, but will lose it if you pay them before the final step is completed.

I have a customer service issue that's perhaps in my favor.
I had my installation a couple of weeks back but I'm still waiting for my interconnect etc. I got financing via Sunlight from Tesla and they have confirmed my loan is approved on their end.

But I cannot get anyone from Tesla to submit my loan application. No one seems that moved that I have an outstanding invoice. I have called and email a few times but still nothing on how to 'pay' for my solar/pw.

Anyone experience anything similar? I assume they're not just going to forget about me and besides, I want the warranty and interconnect!

My understanding of this is tesla will just bill sunlight. If you applied for the loan from information tesla sent you (meaning you contacted sunlight after your tesla rep sent you a link, then applied there and got approved) they (tesla) can see the approval and are supposed to bill sunlight directly.

I had applied for a loan through sunlight because I was hoping to get the install done last year for the 30% tax credit, and did not want to move money around to pay in cash. When my install slipped to this year, I decided I would not go forward with the loan and just pay cash, so cancelled the sunlight loan application before it was fully executed.

TL ; DR --- Unless you are changing your mind and paying cash, Tesla is supposed to handle billing your solar loan, so dont worry about it.

Reactions: ra88it
Typically billing happens after your final inspection for SGv3 by the QC team.

When paying cash, they send the bill out right away though, and tell you that they will not submit for PTO until invoice is paid... at least in my case that is what I was told. I could have broken it up into two payments but was told that they would not submit for PTO until final payment was done (this is through tesla directly, tesla installers, etc).

To add - I did get the cash payment request and the loan parts are grayed out. Trying to get Tesla to give me those options again or just keep moving. Or maybe I should just wait until they actually call me asking why I haven't paid my cash invoice?

To add - I did get the cash payment request and the loan parts are grayed out. Trying to get Tesla to give me those options again or just keep moving. Or maybe I should just wait until they actually call me asking why I haven't paid my cash invoice?

If you look at the cash invoice, there should be a number on there for tesla billing. You can call that number and ask them your questions.

Reactions: ra88it