Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Y car cover/umbrella

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Xime

Oct 31, 2022
Miami
I live in Miami and park in an uncovered lot. The car heats up to over 120 degrees constantly. I am looking for a cover that is easy to use on a daily basis, not for storage. Regular covers are tedious and seem to fly off with wind and storms. I’ve looked at various car automatic “umbrellas” at different price ranges. Any recommendations?

I live in Miami and park in an uncovered lot. The car heats up to over 120 degrees constantly. I am looking for a cover that is easy to use on a daily basis, not for storage. Regular covers are tedious and seem to fly off with wind and storms. I’ve looked at various car automatic “umbrellas” at different price ranges. Any recommendations?
Charge daily and use cabin overheat protection feature?

Upvote 0
I live in an apartment building, so I only charge when needed at a station. Cabin overheat protection is on, but only works once, not daily. I work from home, so don’t have to drive often.
I live in the city and don’t need to drive very often. For about six months of the year (through the summer with the sun overhead) the car cooks all day. When I had a M3, I bought the Tesla Outdoor cover. It helped keep the car clean but the car would still get super hot and when we had a big rain it would get soaked.

Since I’ve had my MY I try just not to think about it but I’m thinking of buying one of these and just taking it down for major storms, etc.

IMG_0183.jpeg

https://a.co/d/c0kPhg2 “Senllen Car Tent Fully Automatic 189 inch Large Size Hot Summer Anti-UV Wireless Control Vehicle Umbrella with Removable Charger, Windproof Carport Canopy Sun Shade for SUV, Minivan, Truck”

It might be tricky to use since the Teslas have flush handles but something tells me there must be a way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It might be tricky to use since the Teslas have flush handles but something tells me there must be a way.

Use the spokes of the wheels instead of the door handles.

May be the center strape could be attached to both the front and the rear wheel.
Otherwise you could instead attach the center strap to the inside handle of a door.
I think this is what the video shows to protect the cover from been stollen.

Interesting design. The only concern would be heavy wind.

And you can also use it at home on your patio or during
an outdoor picnic if you find some shade for your car and don't use the cover.

Last edited:
Upvote 0