Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Y Delivery Time-Orange County Ca

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my Tesla Model Y on January 26, 2022 (long range with the black wheels). Delivery location Irvine, Ca. Initially my delivery was supposed to be the end of June through early July. However, my date has bounced all over the place and is now saying an estimated date of August 4 to September 15!!! I am so frustrated! I heard rumor that the Orange County sites are expecting a large shipment sometime in the last two weeks of June. Has anyone else heard this? Has anyone else that ordered in January received their Y already? It seems on other threads people that ordered in January already got their vehicle.

• Informative
Reactions: VegasMYP
Welcome to the Tesla club, where it has been well documented and known that supply chain shortages and extremely high demand has pushed many Tesla delivery estimates. Most people ordering a long range model Y today wont get it until 2023.

There’s no way you’re getting your Model Y in the next few weeks unless someone gives up their reservation with the exact same configuration. You can check the November Orders thread - many people who ordered before you had their delivery dates pushed out to August.

Remember that this are only EDD (estimates delivery dates). Most Jan orders for MYLR with one option are still waiting, the average waiting time is 7-8 months. Deliveries between Aug and Sept seems to be more likely for us!
Thank you! I hope you are correct. I drive for work and I am spending $130-$150 on gas weekly. Not to mention my son is driving now so we have 2 cars and 3 drivers. I am hopeful that we will get the Tesla in time for the school year so that he can drive himself to school. 🤞🏻

Reactions: Cogito
I ordered my Tesla Model Y on January 26, 2022 (long range with the black wheels). Delivery location Irvine, Ca. Initially my delivery was supposed to be the end of June through early July. However, my date has bounced all over the place and is now saying an estimated date of August 4 to September 15!!! I am so frustrated! I heard rumor that the Orange County sites are expecting a large shipment sometime in the last two weeks of June. Has anyone else heard this? Has anyone else that ordered in January received their Y already? It seems on other threads people that ordered in January already got their vehicle.
I ordered my Model Y May 1st 2022 and it said July/August Delivery. A few weeks ago it moved in to a tighter range saying June 26/ July 10 and finally they messaged me asking if I wanted to come pick it up on the 26th. The Irvine facility was packed with people picking up cars! But it only took me 15 minutes to get in and out.

I ordered my Model Y May 1st 2022 and it said July/August Delivery. A few weeks ago it moved in to a tighter range saying June 26/ July 10 and finally they messaged me asking if I wanted to come pick it up on the 26th. The Irvine facility was packed with people picking up cars! But it only took me 15 minutes to get in and out.
Wow! That is so fast! What did you order?

I ordered my Model Y LR in August 2021. It was delivered a few days ago, Monday. Was supposed to be the Irvine facility, but they delivered it to my driveway in Huntington Beach so I didn't even have to go anywhere. They left the paperwork in the car with a UPS express envelope, so I could sign the final documents and just mail it back to them.

Wow! That was so fast! What exactly did you order?

What is your configuration?

My details are in my signature. I have a basic MYLR w no option upgrade and no FSD. My EDD got pushed to March 2023-jun2023 from initial date as Dec 2022.

What is your configuration?

My details are in my signature. I have a basic MYLR w no option upgrade and no FSD. My EDD got pushed to March 2023-jun2023 from initial date as Dec 2022.

White with black wheels, black interior, long range, no tow, no 3rd row.

For what it's worth, it's well established that minimally-optioned Model Ys are being deprioritized by Tesla. I'd recommend adding FSD and then removing once the VIN is assigned as that has been shown to bump up the timeline. Tesla makes less money on those models so they keep pushing them out in favor of highly-spec'd orders.

For what it's worth, it's well established that minimally-optioned Model Ys are being deprioritized by Tesla. I'd recommend adding FSD and then removing once the VIN is assigned as that has been shown to bump up the timeline. Tesla makes less money on those models so they keep pushing them out in favor of highly-spec'd orders.
be careful doing that. It is what I did, and i'm not certain that is why my car was not there on pick up day and then my VIN being removed, but strong suspicion it was re-routed to someone with FSD even after VIN assigned.

What did they say when you went to pick up? Not sure why they wouldn't just cancel the appointment at that point
They said it was in Alabama. They should have called and cancelled my appointment but didn’t. They did not know it wasn’t here until I arrived. Even the app was telling me to accept delivery. They stated it would be there in a few days. Ultimately it was rerouted to someone else.