Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Yorkdale Grand Opening

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope that grey stays in Canada, and that it eventually comes to Montreal for test drives.

That is the color currently #1 on my list, but I have yet to see it in real life.

Grey was my #1 choice until I saw the Blue in person. In fairness, I haven't seen a Grey one "in the flesh" yet, and may have to head back to Yorkdale to take a peek at this one. I don't know why I didn't go downstairs when I was there yesterday!

I parked my Roadster down there and plugged into one of the HPCs, but I didn't see that Model S. Nor was it there when I retrieved the Roadster. Odd... I wonder where it was?

I did see all the colors at Fremont and all of them looked very nice, including the grey.

I parked my Roadster down there and plugged into one of the HPCs, but I didn't see that Model S. Nor was it there when I retrieved the Roadster. Odd... I wonder where it was?

I did see all the colors at Fremont and all of them looked very nice, including the grey.

I was talking to George when I first got there and he said he was out with the press all morning (Friday) doing test rides/drives. I'm not sure where it would have been the night before at the reservation holders event though.

I had a great time at the Tesla Toronto Grand Opening hearing from all the people with the Model S on order. It would be great to hear from the any Tesla/EV fans from the Golden Horseshoe that might be interested in joining a new group called The Golden Horseshoe Electric Vehicle Association (GHEVA.org). We are hoping to have our first meeting in the Hamilton/Burlington area Tues Nov 20th or Tues Nov 27th 6:30-8:30 pm. I would love to hear from you if you are interested. Thanks Stephen Bieda!

On a related note the Sun Country Highway Team has just began "The World's Longest/Greenest Highway Project" this morning in St. John's, NL. Attached is a photo of SCH President Kent Rathwell, Bert Hickman of Hickman Motors and SCH VP Christopher Misch. Help spread the word on this FREE public access infrastructure project. Drive your EV from coast to coast for FREE! Mostly 60-90 amp infrastructure as well!
St John's Hickman Motors.jpg

Reactions: MarcoRP
I like this grey too, maybe with the tan interior to do something like this : ... Anyone seen a Model S with such a configuration before ?
I hope that grey stays in Canada, and that it eventually comes to Montreal for test drives. That is the color currently #1 on my list, but I have yet to see it in real life.

I guess this means that the Grey Model S will be very common in Montreal ... we should start an exclusive member's club :wink:.

Funny story... I drove my Roadster to/from Toronto for the opening with no problems whatsoever. Left it in the garage for a day (needed the carrying capacity of the ICE). Hop in the car this morning - only to discover a completely flat rear tire!

Wow, good timing on that letting go. I was pretty lucky not to get stranded on the side of a highway!

I would argue that with copious room they could have offered it as an option in the frunk.

They would have to redesign the hood. It would require a tire hump in it similar to some of the older muscle cars where the tach was mounted above the engine. (I don't think the Land-Rover way would work in the Model S).

Just for your amusement, I found out why my Roadster's tire went flat after the trip to the store opening. There was a big-ass nail right in the center of the tread! I suspect I picked it up in Peterborough, because there was a bunch of construction going on around the charge station. Very lucky it didn't let go until I got home!