Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Yorkdale Grand Opening

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pic of the new Tesla store at Yorkdale mall

image.jpg

Great chat with the staff and George Blankenship.
He confirms we should still have our Sigs in about a month!

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 11631
George chatting with everyone. What a dynamic guy!

Visited the new Toronto Tesla Store this evening. It was an invitation only event and hosted by non other than George B himself. Turns out I was on the guest list after all even though I never received confirmation. I will have to speak to someone to confirm my email address because if it wasn't for this forum, I wouldn't know about these types of things.

George was such a gracious host and I very much enjoyed my chat with him and all of the Tesla staff (local and from CA on hand for the opening). George says they would like to do some "events" around the first Canadian Sig deliveries, so that should be fun.

Here are a few snaps from my iPhone:

IMG_1073.JPG
IMG_1078.JPG
IMG_1081.JPG
IMG_1083.JPG
IMG_1085.JPG

It's a static photo but back lit.

George was quite proud of it - says they did it specifically for the Toronto store. The photos don't do it justice - it looks absolutely gorgeous in person.

They put on a great party. Met (and re-met) quite a few forum participants, which is always great. Oh, and my Roadster enjoyed the party too, leaving with a full pack thanks to the HPCs in the basement.

Great event for sure, can't wait to go back. May stop in sometime within the next week or so when I go check out the new Microsoft store....

I know now without a doubt what colour Model S I'm getting. The white looks amazing! There are some good pictures floating around, but it looks even better in person.

Great event for sure, can't wait to go back. May stop in sometime within the next week or so when I go check out the new Microsoft store....

I know now without a doubt what colour Model S I'm getting. The white looks amazing! There are some good pictures floating around, but it looks even better in person.

It does - but if you want it to look absolutely awesome, get the dark grey (performance) wheels.

It does - but if you want it to look absolutely awesome, get the dark grey (performance) wheels.

The thing with these cars is that you really need to see them in person to get a sense of how the colors look. I find even the color blocks they have in the stores don't tell the whole story. This was the first white car I'd seen in person, and it looks awesome. I wouldn't have given Blue a second thought based on the web site photos, but I really liked it "in the flesh when I saw it too.

Nice to meet some faces, Doug, Mike, Jaff. Congrats to George B. and Tesla on a stunning store - it should do Tesla well. I just got back from Palo Alto and test drove at Santana Row which is a very nice store. The Yorkdale store is a little bigger and holds 3 cars which will work well for showing future Tesla cars to come, and the outside of the store with the logo and the picture is eye catching and inviting. I was impressed with the whole Yorkdale mall experience now. It is truly Toronto's premiere mall now and should give ton's of exposure to Tesla.

George mentioned Canadian P's would likely be slotted in with the US P's according to reservation time. Ie. I think my reservation of P232 corresponds to the time when US P's were at around 6,000?? so would be slotted in there. I am guessing Feb/Mar for me. He said they are trying to honour the order in which people ordered their cars as much as they can now.

Also rear seats had to go through a design change because of Elon's high standards and required retesting and such.

Attachments

• IMG_3164_1024.jpg
    IMG_3164_1024.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 402
Thanks to George B, Hans, Eli, Mark and the rest of the TM staff for putting on a first class event...the store looks great, and I think everyone really enjoyed themselves both meeting old friends and meeting new folks as well.

Is it just me, or are Matt & Doug at the bar in every pic??? :wink::biggrin:

Is it just me, or are Matt & Doug at the bar in every pic??? :wink::biggrin:

Wise guy! I actually didn't have much to drink, still had to drive Tessie to the hotel. I just nursed it for a long time!

Fun fact: this is my first road trip EVER where every single charge was at 70A (just getting the last one now). Plus I've been able to sit down in a restaurant instead of sitting in the middle of nowhere. What a difference two years makes. I still have to wait a bit, but this is MUCH less painful.

this is my first road trip EVER where every single charge was at 70A (just getting the last one now). Plus I've been able to sit down in a restaurant instead of sitting in the middle of nowhere. What a difference two years makes. I still have to wait a bit, but this is MUCH less painful.

The team in the store need to be talking more about the broader charging infrastructure story. When I stopped in today to check out both the Tesla and Microsoft Store I found the reps pushing only the supercharger route that they are working on from Montreal to Miami. The local stores need to be talking more about the existing charging infrastructure out there like the one Doug has found as well as the listing on Plug'nDrive. The charging infrastructure is in place today - albeit more amps are required to realize it's full potential. They do a disservice by only focusing on the Tesla infrastructure in their pitch - I jumped in after and told the prospective customer about the chargers listing online. If this location is truly about education then they should talk more holistically about the EV space while still giving, of course, some prominence to the Tesla contribution.

Here's the opening fireworks display. The mall opened a new section, and therefore, the fireworks were not specific to the Tesla event. The Tesla store was being unveiled in the new section of the mall.

Last edited by a moderator: