Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla...you got to be kidding

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla great car, lousy in customer loyalty..Went for test ride..model Y Sunday November 2, really liked the car..salesperson entered my 2017 model s 31000 miles...entered right from my Tesla app...two days later I received an email from Tesla stating I have 7 days to except their offer of $38,200..Ok thought it was low...due to the fact that there asking on their web site..2017 Model S $46-48,900. Well after a couple of days thinking of the hassle of selling my self, I bit my lip and said ok do it.Went on the web site in my account and ordered a 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance, put in everything that Tesla required, and was asked if I wanted to trade my Tesla...said yes, paid my $100 NONREFUNDABLE.Thinking that Tesla would APPLY my $38,200. To the deal.... Two days later Tesla asked me to complete the complete the deal....went in and found that Tesla reduced the original offer of $38,200 went to $28,400...What is going on, called rep who was helping me...he was aware of the original offer...Can’t tell you how p...sd off I was.. I was sure it was a mistake...Just received a call from the rep. He said Corporate Sales Office erred, because I purchased the car from Enterprise it was only worth $28,400...No reason was given the rep. other than that was the bottom line and there was no recourse. I told the rep. I can’t take that offer, it’s ridiculous. Remember the $100.00 non-refundable....The rep. said he will try to get that back for me...can you imagine. They even want my $100.00. What a company, Too bad I liked the car.
Guess I’ll have to try and sell it myself.

Attachments

• 27C4CE8D-1AE6-4671-B55C-509F23AD230F.jpeg
    27C4CE8D-1AE6-4671-B55C-509F23AD230F.jpeg
    559.2 KB · Views: 131
  • Love
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Tesla great car, lousy in customer loyalty..Went for test ride..model Y Sunday November 2, really liked the car..salesperson entered my 2017 model s 31000 miles...entered right from my Tesla app...two days later I received an email from Tesla stating I have 7 days to except their offer of $38,200..Ok thought it was low...due to the fact that there asking on their web site..2017 Model S $46-48,900. Well after a couple of days thinking of the hassle of selling my self, I bit my lip and said ok do it.Went on the web site in my account and ordered a 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance, put in everything that Tesla required, and was asked if I wanted to trade my Tesla...said yes, paid my $100 NONREFUNDABLE.Thinking that Tesla would APPLY my $38,200. To the deal.... Two days later Tesla asked me to complete the complete the deal....went in and found that Tesla reduced the original offer of $38,200 went to $28,400...What is going on, called rep who was helping me...he was aware of the original offer...Can’t tell you how p...sd off I was.. I was sure it was a mistake...Just received a call from the rep. He said Corporate Sales Office erred, because I purchased the car from Enterprise it was only worth $28,400...No reason was given the rep. other than that was the bottom line and there was no recourse. I told the rep. I can’t take that offer, it’s ridiculous. Remember the $100.00 non-refundable....The rep. said he will try to get that back for me...can you imagine. They even want my $100.00. What a company, Too bad I liked the car.

I had nearly the exact same experience, but my price drop was about $3700.

I sold my 2016 MS to Carvana a couple of years ago. Was a completely painless experience. Their truck even came and picked up the vehicle from my driveway. Got a better price than anywhere else.

Sold my BMW i3 to Carvana. Great experience. I sold my Model 3 recently to Vroom. They made me a good offer. It's all online and they send a car carrier service to pick it up. Only issue with Vroom is that you have to be very patient with them. I read a lot of negative reviews (after I accepted the offer), but I found that being patient and making sure you get them all of the documents required, made everything work out. It was a fairly simple process. Worth a try I suppose.

I had a similar experience. I jumped through all of the hoops including taking my trade-in for an inspection at the Tesla store. A few days later when I went in to pick up my new Tesla, they said they wouldn't honor the price they had offered and instead quoted several thousand less. At that point, I was there to pick up my car so I gave in and let them rob me. But the experience still stings. I don't think I'll ever buy another Tesla. Despite the cult following they seem to attract, I simply don't like or trust the company.

I was all set for a trade in, my 30 days had expired my car was on the way to the center in Columbus. after reading on here checked with Carvana, got a better deal, my SA helped me change the paperwork. Was a great experience. Can pick up my car this weekend.

Just had to add to this. Was looking for my 3rd Tesla. Put my Volvo S60 to them for a trade estimate and in October with an offer of 40,600. Finally found the car I wanted in November and put my “non refundable” $100 down.

Wait for it:

No rationale or reason whatsoever. Less than 1000 miles different than prior quote. Leaves such a bitter taste in my mouth. And they wont give me my $100 back either. This is so frustrating.

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
Just had to add to this. Was looking for my 3rd Tesla. Put my Volvo S60 to them for a trade estimate and in October with an offer of 40,600. Finally found the car I wanted in November and put my “non refundable” $100 down.

Wait for it:

No rationale or reason whatsoever. Less than 1000 miles different than prior quote. Leaves such a bitter taste in my mouth. And they wont give me my $100 back either. This is so frustrating.
Their offer is only good for 30 days. Their actions are not good for customer relations, and the order process should include all costs and deductions. If your deal when you put down the deposit did not include the car trade-in value, they can change their valuation. There are many posts about low values on trade-ins. Tesla is trying to make money from the trade-in too. They offered me almost $10000 less for my trade in than Carmax. It is a money making service for the customer's convenience, nothing more. I am sorry you thought you were treated badly. I probably wouldn't have accepted the trade in offer.