Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslacam and Sentry reset and asked permission again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took delivery of my Model S LR two days ago. Transferred my old stick from the M3P, accepted the terms and was up and running for Teslacam and Sentry. Today I checked and both were disabled.

I clicked and was again presented with the dialog to accept terms, and again the features were enabled.

Anyone have a guess as to what happened and if this might continue to occur?

Did you stop the USB drive before removing it from your old car? It will probably work on your PC or phone, and you can see the errors. reformatting using the Tesla function will likely fix the issue. You will lose all data on the drive.

Did you stop the USB drive before removing it from your old car? It will probably work on your PC or phone, and you can see the errors. reformatting using the Tesla function will likely fix the issue. You will lose all data on the drive.
I did, but since it worked and I was getting good files from Sentry I figured I’d see if I could get away without doing a reformat. That’ll be my next step if this happens again.

On a PC, you can do a chkdsk which can show and fix errors. This could tell you it was the data on the drive that was corrupt. A reformat should fix the issue in any event. Copy off to your computer the files you want to save.