Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaCam - Need Fat32 Utility that doesn't have a virus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That won't work if the drive is larger than 32GB.

You need a 3rd party utility in Windows to do the formatting.

Rufus works well for this.

Rufus
Oh, I see. I haven't used Windows in a while and wasn't aware. Thanks!
Welcome to the forums, and congratulations on your new car!
Thank you! Just picked it up last night. No time to really play with it yet, what with work and all. :(

• Disagree
Reactions: Bill Price
I used the gui format tool. Search Google and look for the ridge crop website. That's the official developers site.

IIRC It doesnt require any installation and so just runs by itself, so it doesnt try to get you to install any malware.

It took less than a minute from download to having my drive formatted.

I'm formatting a Samsung T5 (500 GB) to FAT32 in win10 without any 3rd party utility. You have to do it from the command line (powershell run as admin) and then format /FS:FAT32 D: (replace D: with the actual drive letter of your usb drive). It is slow but appears to be working. Is there a known issue with this method?

I posted Ease Us telling him he had other options other than Rufus and in the next post you posted I'm sorry, that won't work.
I see reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, Bill. I'll break down the conversation for you, and then I'm done responding to you.

1. I posted the instructions from the Model 3 Owner's Manual.
2. Knightshade responded to me, saying that the method in the instructions won't work because Windows cannot NATIVELY format FAT32 if the drive is over 32GB. He also gives a suggestion for Rufus software.
3. I respond to Knightshade saying that I haven't used Windows in quite some time, so I was not aware that it could not NATIVELY format to FAT32 on drives over 32GB. I thank him for the information.

That's it. Nowhere in the conversation did EaseUS come up. Hope that clears up your confusion.