Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi and Performance models...?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really love TeslaFi's capabilities and information is charts. However, there's every model listed except the Model 3 Performance... I know the Performance is officially the Long Range All Wheel Drive Performance model, however, also not an option and the idea the LR AWD and Performance models sharing stats seems like the stats would be out of whack...

Any other Performance model owners use something similar to TeslaFi for their databasing of information?

I can't answer your question, but is there any reason a typical driver should consider using TeslaFi? I don't need to log or tag mileage or anything.

Also, any worries about provide your tesla.com login? (as I understand it they delete it once they have a token)

I can't answer your question, but is there any reason a typical driver should consider using TeslaFi? I don't need to log or tag mileage or anything.

Also, any worries about provide your tesla.com login? (as I understand it they delete it once they have a token)

There are many features on TeslaFi people can enjoy but it is a trade-off of buying that extra Starbucks latte each month or the TeslaFi subscription.

I am a stats nerd so love all the info it provides but here are some less geeky people can enjoy:
  • Ability to have TF remind you you are not plugged in. I get a text if my car is at home at 10:00 pm each evening and not plugged and under 50%.
  • Ability to have TF stop charging - important if you have an extreme TOU plan. You can also specify that charge level needs to be at least x%.
  • Tracking battery degradation.
  • Tracking home energy consumption for car.
  • Checking status of car without waking car through Tesla app.
  • Software update tracking/stats.
  • Tracking vampire drain.
Naturally, if you need to track miles, it's a no brainer.

If you are concerned about providing your login credentials, you can provide TF a token to use. (Conversely, you can use the token from TF if you need it for some other application)

There are many features on TeslaFi people can enjoy but it is a trade-off of buying that extra Starbucks latte each month or the TeslaFi subscription.

I am a stats nerd so love all the info it provides but here are some less geeky people can enjoy:
  • Ability to have TF remind you you are not plugged in. I get a text if my car is at home at 10:00 pm each evening and not plugged and under 50%.
  • Ability to have TF stop charging - important if you have an extreme TOU plan. You can also specify that charge level needs to be at least x%.

If you are concerned about providing your login credentials, you can provide TF a token to use. (Conversely, you can use the token from TF if you need it for some other application)
Interesting. The battery degradation and vampire drain sound cool.

How do you generate a token if you don't want to provide the Tesla login details?

You can have a database of the elevations, avg speed, top speeds, temperatures, etc.

If you can acquire your API code, they can use that. However it is the same as handing over your login creds.

Anyway... I REALLY want TeslaFi, however they haven't added the Performance for whatever reason.

Attachments

• received_1256099141212217.jpg
    received_1256099141212217.jpg
    432.1 KB · Views: 64

I feel like the Stats app does literally every single one of those things save tracking miles.

I really love TeslaFi's capabilities and information is charts. However, there's every model listed except the Model 3 Performance... I know the Performance is officially the Long Range All Wheel Drive Performance model, however, also not an option and the idea the LR AWD and Performance models sharing stats seems like the stats would be out of whack...

You should be able to use LR AWD, as that is basically the same car. The differences come about more from the impact of gunning it than anything inherent in the Performance motors themselves. Of course the 20" tires can have an impact. But your stats will not be magically way off.

@TT97 gave a great overview. I'll second that and just say that I use TeslaFi on both my 3 and my X, and I love the data insights, improved control (can schedule actions like setting charge limit higher on the weekends, ensuring you stop charging at the time your TOU rate kicks up, etc), and ability to check the car's current status without waking it up (opening your Tesla app wakes the car).

That's a personal decision you need to make for yourself (with TeslaFi or any other third-party app). The safest route is to use the API to generate a token and give that directly. It's not that difficult if you look up the process and are reasonably tech-savvy. But if you trust the developer to just transmit your creds one time to generate the token, then torch the creds, you can save some time that way.

A few other comments re:TeslaFi--
  • I used the app to analyze my Tesla Nerd's Road Trip. That thread is an example of some of the insights you can get from it.
  • Other info I use it for include battery degradation/calibration tracking, fleet-wide software update roll-out status, comparing the impact of speed and weather on the car's range (it's easy because I can quickly isolate all instances of a particular trip and view the data together), the lifetime map of everywhere my car has been, which Superchargers I've hit, etc.
  • This thread has a lot of discussion of TeslaFi and some alternatives.
  • If you do sign up, use someone's referral code--it'll double your trial period. If you eventually sign up for a paid sub, the referrer will get a $5 credit. My code matches my user name here, and I imagine the same is likely true for other TeslaFi users on this forum.