Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslafi Reboots MCU every time I enter car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DerbyDave

Jul 2, 2020
Kentucky
I installed Teslafi on my Android phone and computer. Every time I enter my car, the large screen reboots. Seems like an interesting app otherwise. I remove Teslafi's Tesla tokens from my Teslafi account, and car is working normally again. This seems like a major flaw if it causes the car to reboot every time it starts up. Anyone else having this issue?

TeslaFi is a web site, not an app. You do need to give that website your token so it can call the Tesla API. That's all it does, call the Tesla API in a similar way to what the Tesla mobile app would do. I find this weird. I have not been affected that way, and there are many others like me.

TeslaFi is a web site, not an app. You do need to give that website your token so it can call the Tesla API. That's all it does, call the Tesla API in a similar way to what the Tesla mobile app would do. I find this weird. I have not been affected that way, and there are many others like me.
Funny, I installed the Teslafi app on my android phone. I thought that was an app.

I think it is the first release and I think it is Teslafi. I saw the community posts, but this app says it is from TeslaFi and lists TeslaFi.com as support as well as their web page. I think I'll uninstall it because it is the first edition of the app and doesn't work correctly. Best to wait. I may provide my tokens back to the web site so I can see if I want to use TeslaFi. Thanks,

Reactions: GtiMart
I suspect the mobile app was causing an issue. I uninstalled the mobile app from my phone, got new tokens from Tesla for TeslaFi, and the car is not rebooting now. Time will tell if this really fixed the issue. So far, so good.
That's interesting. I've seen the app in the change notes but didn't think nothing of it. I've always used the web page on the phone. I'm hesitant to give the app a try now.

I believe the new app caused my car to reboot every time I got in it. I uninstalled the app and all is normal now. The rebooting started with the app installation and token generation, and stopped when I uninstalled and got new tokens on the website. I will use the website now.

That is really weird. I can imagine one thing that the app could have done that might cause issues. They might have tried to figure out when you get in the car to wake the TeslaFi polling at that moment. I tried doing something like that by myself using Tasker and calling a TeslaFi REST api but I never made it work properly. When you don't do that, sometimes TeslaFi misses the beginning of your drive as it tries to let the car sleep as much as it can.
If that's what they are trying to figure out, they have a bug and they should fix it. But once they fix it, I will certainly install the app.