Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi Reports Phantom Battery Drain - Looks Like Sentry Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I excluded home from sentry mode, but maybe I turned it on manually. How can I tell if Sentry Mode is actually running? I didn't even know if our MX supports it, but apparently it supports it enough to drain the battery.

It's at home now and this is what the app screen looks like below. If home is excluded should this show it as off if it's really off? Thanks!

Screenshot_2022-09-06-09-07-26-52_dea0ed4dc7fea9051b966dd91d80d9ae.jpg

Seems like Senty mode is on. Did you set home location? Also, did the person who drove the car last set home location?

Also, using the app to check wakes up the car. That is every easy way to drain the battery. Especially if you are on a trip away from the vehicle parked at home or the airport.

Reactions: Falcon73
Seems like Senty mode is on. Did you set home location? Also, did the person who drove the car last set home location?

Also, using the app to check wakes up the car. That is every easy way to drain the battery. Especially if you are on a trip away from the vehicle parked at home or the airport.
I set Sentry Mode. Looks like taking the car today and reparking it fixed the problem. Sentry Mode is off now.

Thank you.

Reactions: jboy210
Looks like Sentry Mode wasn't the problem.

I'm still trying to figure out what's preventing the car from going to sleep. It's almost always in idle vs sleep per TeslaFi.

I disabled Sentry Mode and Summon days ago. Today I disabled Automatic Doors.

Maybe TeslaFi is keeping it awake, Tessie or the Tesla app itself.

Suggestions are welcome. We are going out of town for 11 days and I don't want to come back to a 0 battery.

Thanks,

Looks like Sentry Mode wasn't the problem.
I'm still trying to figure out what's preventing the car from going to sleep. It's almost always in idle vs sleep per TeslaFi.
I disabled Sentry Mode and Summon days ago. Today I disabled Automatic Doors.
Maybe TeslaFi is keeping it awake, Tessie or the Tesla app itself.
Suggestions are welcome. We are going out of town for 11 days and I don't want to come back to a 0 battery.
Thanks,
I thought no sleep was a spec'd characteristic of Tesla Fi (the main reason I've never run it). Just leave the car plugged in, which you should be doing anyway.

Last edited:
I'm going thru all the suggestions now. It looks like pulling Tessie off my phone wasn't enough. I logged into Tessie's website and disabled that app while I try and get something working.
You can also disconnect Teslafi from the car and see if it sleeps. You'll want to wait a while, but you can tell it's sleeping when it takes the phone app a while to actually get connected.

In my case it was. Of course, I'm not saying that Tessie is an offender, but having both was a problem... I am more familiar with TeslaFi so I stuck with that.

Give your feedback I disconnected Tessie the other day (forgot to cancel my trial and it renewed, was planning on cancelling anyways since I prefer TeslaFi). I've had issues with my car never going to sleep.

• Informative