Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi unrecorded journey/charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Give the various options a go in Postman

Done that, got 500 error (REVOKED my Token and made a new one in case it was that ...)

Definitely Stoopid then ... or FireWall (would expect that to start pulsing the lights in the building and giving me FireWall Breach messages ... not a 500-Response)
make sure you use the TeslaFi one for the Tesla one given to TeslaFi

I want to make sure I understand this.

At some point in time I created a Token for TeslaFi to connect to Tesla. I think that now auto-renews, or maybe periodically it asks me to generate a new one. Either way, I can see all the normal stuff in TeslaFi and get TeslaFi to, for example, charge the car. I have no idea what THAT token is, so I'm not using that in anything I am typing.

I have put the Token which TeslaFi gave me (and not one for/from Tesla) in the URL - TeslaFi provides a clickable example, albeit with &command=COMMAND, I copy-pasted that, and changed the COMMAND to "lastGood" and using your example "wake_up" (verbatim for case etc.). In Chrome (normal or Incognito), Edge (which I never use, so it won't have any Cookies etc.) or Postman I get 500 error (and also in my Python code, although my Python skills mean that's not a reliable test)

Here's a verbatim (obfuscated) version in case Stoopid applies:

https://www.teslafi.com/feed.php?to...e5fa678b90123456c789de01f2a3b&command=wake_up

Code:
https://www.teslafi.com/feed.php?token=0a1b2345678901c23def45678a90b12c3d4e5fa678b90123456c789de01f2a3b&command=wake_up

Next up would be to connect my laptop to phone hotspot and see if that behaves better (bypassing firewall etc.)

Just to be 100% sure, you are using this token?

1676902038803.png

I just took your code, replaced it with my token above, and worked as expected.

I also took your code and ran it direct and no 500, just the expected unauthorised.

I would be very surprised if it was a firewall issue. Its a pretty standard api type call and if that doesn't work, I would expect other things to be broken too.

Just to be 100% sure, you are using this token?

Yup, thanks for the confirmation.

I would be very surprised if it was a firewall issue. Its a pretty standard api type call and if that doesn't work, I would expect other things to be broken too.

My thought too.

If I have time this evening I'll do Laptop+Phone Hotspot to rule out my network / internet connection.

Tested on LapTop with Phone Hotspot, and on a mates with his phone. Both give 500 error (but getting a digit wrong in the Token provides an "Authorisation error" JSON message ... so the server is reachable from me, and not being blocked by something)

So I figure there must be something adrift with my TeslaFi account.

I do have two cars on mine, and it turns out the second one works (didn't think to try that before ... its not the one I want to be able to control <sigh>) so maybe that is the reason. I'll raise a help desk ticket with TeslaFi

Reactions: Rooster6655
Tested on LapTop with Phone Hotspot, and on a mates with his phone. Both give 500 error (but getting a digit wrong in the Token provides an "Authorisation error" JSON message ... so the server is reachable from me, and not being blocked by something)

So I figure there must be something adrift with my TeslaFi account.

I do have two cars on mine, and it turns out the second one works (didn't think to try that before ... its not the one I want to be able to control <sigh>) so maybe that is the reason. I'll raise a help desk ticket with TeslaFi
Yes my last suspicion if not an internet one was a Teslafi failure, hopefully they can debug the problem!