Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMate [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
docker-compose logs teslamate

Have you upgraded your raspberry pi lately? There was an update to Teslamate that 'broke' existing installations. There was a need to fix the Pi by upgrading the os or using another library or something. Details at the top of this page.
Where do I find this log?
No I haven't upgraded my pi.
What post number?
did you try:
user: admin
pass: admin
That works on the LAN, but not over the web via a domain address, I get the "Welcome to Grafana", get invalid username or password.

Where do I find this log?
No I haven't upgraded my pi.
What post number?

That works on the LAN, but not over the web via a domain address, I get the "Welcome to Grafana", get invalid username or password.
So you haven't really read the last 17 pages then? :)

If you haven't upgraded then you almost certainly have the same issue as discussed above. Perhaps @spooksman can point you to the instructions they used. Or you could read the last 3 pages :)

apt install /bullseye-backports apt-get install /bullseye-backports or apt install -t bullseye-backports apt-get install -t bullseye-backports and of course aptitude may also be used: aptitude install /bullseye-backports
I tried to run the codes above, i get error "
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt install -t bullseye-backports
Reading package lists... Done
E: The value 'bullseye-backports' is invalid for APT::Default-Release as such a release is not available in the sources
"
My pi is running I believe Raspbian OS.

I tried to run the codes above, i get error "
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt install -t bullseye-backports
E: The value 'bullseye-backports' is invalid for APT::Default-Release as such a release is not available in the sources
"
My pi is running I believe Raspbian OS.
Did you add to the sources.list?
Looks like you haven't specified the package you want to back port. The instructions say:
apt install -t bullseye-backports <package>
I think you need to use libseccomp2 as the package, but hopefully someone who is running this on a Pi will confirm.

So you haven't really read the last 17 pages then? :)

If you haven't upgraded then you almost certainly have the same issue as discussed above. Perhaps @spooksman can point you to the instructions they used. Or you could read the last 3 pages :)

After upgrading to Bullseye, I needed to run "pip install docker-compose" as it was simply not running/working (I couldn't run 'docker-compose up -d' etc).

For the admin password on Grafana, I ran 'docker-compose exec grafana grafana-cli admin reset-admin-password xxxxxxxxxxxx', where xxxxxxxxxxxx is the new password I wanted. I could then login just fine.

I'm well out of my depth on some of this, but hopefully that may help someone!

After upgrading to Bullseye, I needed to run "pip install docker-compose" as it was simply not running/working (I couldn't run 'docker-compose up -d' etc).
pip: command not found
I think you need to use libseccomp2 as the package
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt-get install libseccomp2/bullseye-backports
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Release 'bullseye-backports' for 'libseccomp2' was not found
? might have to do a backup, if it all still there!

pip: command not found

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt-get install libseccomp2/bullseye-backports
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Release 'bullseye-backports' for 'libseccomp2' was not found
? might have to do a backup, if it all still there!
Try this command:
sudo apt install libseccomp2 -t buster-backports
Here were my instructions for just the backport on the GitHub repo: Raspberry Pi: clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC, _) failed: Operation not permitted (1) · Issue #2302 · adriankumpf/teslamate

I'm trying to get Teslamate to run on my Raspberry Pi Zero W. I've installed Docker and it works fine (albeit slowly). When I run "docker-compose up -d", the database and mosquito processes seem to start up. However both teslamate and grafana keep restarting over and over. No logs are generated at all. Here's what I see:

pi@pi0:~ $ docker ps
CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES

585f0513a3ee teslamate/teslamate:1.25.0 "tini -- /bin/sh /en…" 7 minutes ago Restarting (139) 21 seconds ago teslamate_teslamate_1
3d5e987bff14 postgres:12 "docker-entrypoint.s…" 7 minutes ago Up 5 minutes 5432/tcp teslamate_database_1
6f50f34519b3 teslamate/grafana:latest "/run.sh" 7 minutes ago Restarting (139) 38 seconds ago teslamate_grafana_1
6f19fac6d66a eclipse-mosquitto:2 "/docker-entrypoint.…" 7 minutes ago Up 5 minutes 1883/tcp teslamate_mosquitto_1

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Reactions: cwanja
I got Teslamate 1.26.1 working by I followed this guide The Idiot-Proof Guide to Upgrading Raspberry Pi from Buster to Bullseye can access ports 4000 & 3000 ok now. After I followed this:-
sudo apt install libseccomp2 -t buster-backports
Here were my instructions for just the backport on the GitHub repo: Raspberry Pi: clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC, _) failed: Operation not permitted (1) · Issue #2302 · adriankumpf/teslamate

The Ganfana login over the web, via a domain name is not working, won't accept admin:admin login, any ideas? It asks for pw over WiFi also and admin:admin don't work either.

Last edited: