Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMate [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have tried it a few times already but I keep getting issues with the certificates for the GCP install..

level=error msg="Unable to obtain ACME certificate for domains \"teslamate.MYDOMAIN.nl\": unable to generate a certificate for the domains [teslamate.MYDOMAIN.nl]: failed to post JWS message: failed to sign content: failed to sign content: square/go-jose: Error generating nonce: failed to get nonce from HTTP HEAD: Head \"https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/new-nonce\": net/http: timeout awaiting response headers" providerName=tmhttpchallenge.acme rule="Host(`teslamate.MYDOMAIN.nl`)" routerName=teslamate@docker

in which MYDOMAIN replaces my domain. Any ideas how to fix?

To add. this is the error I get.
upload_2020-12-8_21-5-8.png

Hi @Vishan07 did you follow my guide on this? (How to setup and run TeslaMate for free on Google Cloud)

Weirdly, it looks like the .env contents have changed on the instructions

When I set mine up, it required

FQDN_GRAFANA=something.mydomain.com
FQDN_TM=somethingelse.mydomain.com

The idea was you setup one for your dashboards and one for the login panel, not sure if the .env changes are on purpose or not?

Hi @DaveW, yes, I did follow that guid, and also added the seperate FQDN for grafana. I did not change anything for the default usernames and passwords in the .env file though. Is that needed?

Passwords shouldn't matter, you have to change the grafana one anyway on first use and the other is behind a .htpwd file :)

Did you set it to Debian 9? Trying to use Debian 10 broke the certs for me

Hi all

I noticed that a lot of my drives were not registered by my TeslaMate on my RPi4
I now found out what the reason was.

Every time I use the Tesla App, TeslaMate is logging out. So every time when I open the Tesla App, I need to sign in again on the :4000 page. Tis caused the fact that I missed almost every drive (as I log in on my Tesla App to activate the climate control and therefore the TeslaMate is not signed in when I start the drive.

Is this a normal behaviour? And how do you handle with this?

Hi all

I noticed that a lot of my drives were not registered by my TeslaMate on my RPi4
I now found out what the reason was.

Every time I use the Tesla App, TeslaMate is logging out. So every time when I open the Tesla App, I need to sign in again on the :4000 page. Tis caused the fact that I missed almost every drive (as I log in on my Tesla App to activate the climate control and therefore the TeslaMate is not signed in when I start the drive.

Is this a normal behaviour? And how do you handle with this?

Did you sign up for 2FA with Tesla? I'm sure I read similar about this happening to TeslaFi users

Fixed this and re-uploaded the file, but with a workaround for now of a default value of 0.24, turns out the USA supercharger costs are a bit more variable than over here, I'll work on that now by trying to read in characters 2,3,4 and 5 from the field with costs in as there is also text in there.

To do it, I'm using an ImportJSON script for Google Sheets, I pull down the specific URL, do some data fixing on some of the tables to make them compatible then concatenate the string at the end to get the output.

Sometimes differs per country / locale though, so with the USA one, you have different prices per location / car type (from reading the comments) and also there were a lot more fields to import.

For USA Superchargers, I used this URL (but replacing my unique ID with mmckay so you can use it):
https://api.openchargemap.io/v3/poi...s=3000&operatorid=23&levelid=3&countrycode=US

For destination chargers, I replace the levelid with 2 :)

Could you upload spanish superchargers to your dropbox?? TIA

For UK users, I've updated the import guide with the latest superchargers, here's the 3 new ones since the last update though:

Code:
INSERT INTO public.geofences (name, latitude, longitude, radius, inserted_at, updated_at, cost_per_unit, session_fee) VALUES ('London-Chelmsford', 51.7501215, 0.5106861, 35, '2020-12-11 09:47:00 ', '2020-12-11 09:47:00 ', 0.24, NULL);
INSERT INTO public.geofences (name, latitude, longitude, radius, inserted_at, updated_at, cost_per_unit, session_fee) VALUES ('Birmingham-St Andrews', 52.471144, -1.873503, 35, '2020-11-28 06:58:00 ', '2020-11-29 08:59:00 ', 0.24, NULL);
INSERT INTO public.geofences (name, latitude, longitude, radius, inserted_at, updated_at, cost_per_unit, session_fee) VALUES ('Solstice Park', 51.1776742514546, -1.75851994550499, 35, '2020-10-09 20:20:00 ', '2020-12-11 09:47:00 ', 0.24, NULL);

Yes, I’m certain it is Debian 9, see screenshot.
View attachment 615758

Hey man, I recommend you switch and try using a DigitalOcean Droplet to host Teslamate. You can host this in Frankfurt or Amsterdam and I noticed you are in Amsterdam. Should be much better than Google hosting in the US. I am doing this and it works fantastic with the smallest droplet. You'll get $100 free for 3 months and then after that its about $5 a month.

I then used BackBlaze B2 to automate the backups with a slight modification to @DaveW's great guides. This allows me to also have the Backups stay in Europe and BackBlaze is much cheaper than Amazon with the same functionality for their storage buckets.

Hey man, I recommend you switch and try using a DigitalOcean Droplet to host Teslamate. You can host this in Frankfurt or Amsterdam and I noticed you are in Amsterdam. Should be much better than Google hosting in the US. I am doing this and it works fantastic with the smallest droplet. You'll get $100 free for 3 months and then after that its about $5 a month.

I then used BackBlaze B2 to automate the backups with a slight modification to @DaveW's great guides. This allows me to also have the Backups stay in Europe and BackBlaze is much cheaper than Amazon with the same functionality for their storage buckets.

Guide here for that if it helps: How to setup and run TeslaMate on a Digital Ocean Droplet server - TeslaEV.co.uk

It's where mine runs from these days, only because GCP kept getting blocked (been fine since October from what I gather).

• Informative
Reactions: StevehConwy