Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMate [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m getting: ‘if you are seeing this, Grafana has failed to open its application files’ error all of a sudden.

Tried restarting everything and also updating the applications. No luck so far and I’m not a Linux user so I don’t really know what I’m doing. Anyone else had the issue and know the solution?

I’m getting: ‘if you are seeing this, Grafana has failed to open its application files’ error all of a sudden.

Tried restarting everything and also updating the applications. No luck so far and I’m not a Linux user so I don’t really know what I’m doing. Anyone else had the issue and know the solution?
Try `docker-compose restart`

Then `docker-compose up -d`

Afraid not. It was on my to to-do list. I might take the opportunity to upgrade to a pi 4 but I would like to know what happned in case it recurs.
What feedback are you getting when you're trying the suggested commands?

Do the commands appear to run but the Grafana UI continues to fail or are there errors in the terminal upon running the commands?

With everything running as you would usually, you can run the logs in the terminal to see if any errors are displayed:

Code:
docker-compose logs teslamate

Reactions: MadScientist
I haven’t seen any errors running the various docker-compose commands. New versions dowloaded, installed and everthing appears OK when I run the file.

When I try and launch Grafana from the browser, this is what I get (and which is mostly beyond my current Linux skill set to understand)

“If you’re seeing this Grafana has failed to load its application files
  1. This could be caused by your reverse proxy settings.

2. If you host grafana under subpath make sure your grafana.ini root_path setting includes subpath

3. If you have a local dev build make sure you build frontend using: npm run dev, npm run watch, or npm run build

4. Sometimes restarting grafana-server can help”

I’ll try the logs tomorow, thanks

I think I'm having a dumb moment - hopefully someone can assist...?

I've managed to set up my Pi with TeslaMate, and all is great. Now looking to stop my TeslaFi subscription and when cancelled, change the password on my Tesla account just too be sure.

However, I can't see where I'd change the password to the new one on TeslaMate?

I'm positive it's simple and I'm just being dense...

I think I'm having a dumb moment - hopefully someone can assist...?

I've managed to set up my Pi with TeslaMate, and all is great. Now looking to stop my TeslaFi subscription and when cancelled, change the password on my Tesla account just too be sure.

However, I can't see where I'd change the password to the new one on TeslaMate?

I'm positive it's simple and I'm just being dense...

I believe once you've changed it and go to the grafana instance of your teslamate it would prompt you for your new password.

I'm no expert and sure someone will chime in if I'm wrong.

Reactions: *Adam and spooksman
I believe once you've changed it and go to the grafana instance of your teslamate it would prompt you for your new password.

I'm no expert and sure someone will chime in if I'm wrong.
It wouldn't be Grafana (port 3000), but rather the Teslamate user interface (port 4000). Grafana just displays the data that has already been collected by the Teslamate service.