Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMate [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you delete drives? Can't see anything in Grafana. Or are you doing it directly through psql?
Directly in PSQL. Need to set up a cron or trigger to do it really, but I presume every time I update TeslaMate I will lose those changes?

I don't see any point in keeping the <1 mile drives, invariably it's just me moving the car around on the drive to wash it.

Hi guys

I’m running into an issue on getting Teslamate setup and I was wondering if anyone could help.

I’m trying to install it onto my Raspberry Pi 4 which is running Raspbian.

On both occasions I’ve now tried, the installation of both docker and the Teslamate container has appeared to be successful - all scripts have executed in Terminal and various files have been downloaded and extracted.

The first issue though is when attempting to open the browser interface using myipaddress:3000 or :4000 I just get the “Page can’t be reached” error.

The bigger issue is then when I reboot I am presented with the Raspbian graphical login page (something I don’t usually see). When I enter my username and password the page goes black for a moment and goes back to the login page. I am stuck in a loop.

It would seem that there is an Xauthority issue, but trying the various command line resolutions suggested by a Google search (e.g. deleting the Xauthority file or re-setting its ownership to Pi in command line), none seem to work.

If I run “Startx” in the command line, I get the error in the screenshot I’ve attached.

Each time I’ve had to revert to a back-up instance on a spare MicroSD card.

Any thoughts as to how to fix this would be appreciated!

Attachments

• C579C631-8231-486D-9AB5-FFC6372A65A2.jpeg
    C579C631-8231-486D-9AB5-FFC6372A65A2.jpeg
    626.4 KB · Views: 266
Your issues with starting the graphical interface are unrelated to Teslamate.

From the screenshot I can see you are already logged in into your Raspberry Pi and can easily start or stop TeslaMate.

Have you installed TeslaMate using docker-compose?

Your issues with starting the graphical interface are unrelated to Teslamate.

From the screenshot I can see you are already logged in into your Raspberry Pi and can easily start or stop TeslaMate.

Have you installed TeslaMate using docker-compose?

I see what you’re saying but given the issue commenced as a result of the installation of Teslamate (twice), it would seem like something is happening in the installation which is causing an issue with my system.

Yes, Teslamate was installed through Docker compose.

Fair point about still being able to start Teslamate through command (although I haven’t actually tried). I also was unable to access the Teslamate browser interface following installation.

In no way am I suggesting Teslamate is the problem, but it seems to be causing something to happen in my system. Any thoughts as to what that is would be helpful!

I'm sorry but I have no thoughts from my end. I'm running a similar setup as yours and TeslaMate and dependencies don't impact X.

I follow the Docker installation and works perfectly for me:
Docker install | TeslaMate

Your 'myipaddress' is obviously the IP address of your Raspberry Pi, right? And you type in the complete URL, meaning "http://<ip-address>:<portnumber>".

I'm sorry but I have no thoughts from my end. I'm running a similar setup as yours and TeslaMate and dependencies don't impact X.

I follow the Docker installation and works perfectly for me:
Docker install | TeslaMate

Your 'myipaddress' is obviously the IP address of your Raspberry Pi, right? And you type in the complete URL, meaning "http://<ip-address>:<portnumber>".

That’s right re the IP address. Ok thanks anyway. I’ll keep at it. If I have to go back to a fresh instance I’ll do so.

Why don’t you send us a full output of everything you’re doing, which takes you from an initial system that doesn’t have this problem, to the situation where you now can’t login and X doesn’t start. Docker and TeslaMate should have absolutely nothing to do with your ability to log in or with the functioning of X.

Why don’t you send us a full output of everything you’re doing, which takes you from an initial system that doesn’t have this problem, to the situation where you now can’t login and X doesn’t start. Docker and TeslaMate should have absolutely nothing to do with your ability to log in or with the functioning of X.

Happy to try and provide. Just to clarify, when you say "output", do you mean the content of a particular log file or something different?

You may be able to tell, I'm not native in Linux or code. Everything in my 12 months of Raspberry ownership has been a case of trial/error and just learning as I go. Part of one of the reasons I love it (but occasionally find myself a little stuck).

Ok, we're making progress.

Myipaddress:3000 gets me into the Grafana dashboard, but :4000 just returns a "page not reached error", so I'm unable to enter my Tesla log-in details etc currently.

EDIT: 4000 worked on Firefox (but for some reason doesn't on Chromium).

Thanks again all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roy W.
Had a weird one at the weekend, the car had an update (sadly 16.3 rather than the 20) but TeslaMate didn't notice / record the time of the update happening. It noticed later on that day when the car was back on again for whatever reason so it's recorded the update time as 0 minutes and doesn't include it in the status charts.

My TeslaMate caught the upgrade to 16.3 on Friday last week. Still no sign of 20 here :rolleyes:

You don't know what you're missing.
It's amazing. Fab-You-Lus!
It's the update we've been waiting for since last August.
It's like driving another car.
Everything that is wrong with the car has been fixed.
FSD is totally dependable. No more phantom braking. No wierd unpredictable charging behaviours.
Or ......am I very much mistaken?