Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMate [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I followed this guide - Advanced install with Traefik, Let's Encrypt & HTTP Basic Auth | TeslaMate

I have my own domain, so I created two subdomains (teslamate.mydomain.com and grafana.mydomain.com) to use.

Once you've followed that guide you simply start the whole thing with docker-compose up. This will print all of the debugging output to the screen, in case you have a problem. Once you are sure it is working, close it down (hit CTRL+C and let it shut down) then do docker-compose up to-d

I wouldn't say I'm an expert in it to be honest, it's the first time I've used Docker and Google Cloud Platform in anger.
I know this is old, but it got it set up and working mostly. In parallel with an installation at home.
The Google cloud installation is routinely missing data. Like 30 minutes of a drive or charge.

Did you experience this?

What do the TeslaMate container logs say? What version of TeslaMate are you running?

Sorry for the terrible response. I thought I usually got emails when I had a reply, but for some reason, not this time.

It's stayed signed in now for little while, so I haven't had an opportunity to show the issue with logs.

Cannot imagine a DHCP or IP change triggering a token refresh

No me either, it doesn't make sense but it's the only thing that seems to align. It could be that the after a loss of power, the DHCP server isn't available until after the teslamate device is connected to my wifi.

The first question to ask when something stops working is what has changed?
Why have you made changes to your DHCP server?

Only change I can pinpoint is the DHCP setup, but that's over a pretty broad time period, so it might be something else than I'm not recalling.

I've done this because my linksys router has very limited controls for custom DNS and DHCP, which I need to use for my home automation stuff. I'm using ad-block pro as my DHCP server until I upgrade my router to something more suitable.

Note there is a typo in the command. There should be no ! after Teslamate.Repo.get

Hmmm, but the issue is that the unfinished drive does not appear in the drives list at all. So using the id from the drive isn't really going to work.

i am complete noob in command line.

in the teslamate instructions, it presumes that Teslamate runs in docker. then the command line is following:
docker compose exec -T database pg_dump -U teslamate teslamate > /backuplocation/teslamate.bck

in my case, I installed teslamate not in the docker. it just runs as process and that's it.
so the command line does not work.
unless I miss something and I do something wrong.

Try this:

pg_dump -U teslamate teslamate > /backuplocation/teslamate.bck

your username/password may be different.

can't check it because - well docker :)

more here:

Posted nearly the same thing on GitHub.

• Funny
Reactions: yessuz and init6