Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMate [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
you mean on github landing page?
if not can you post the url?

can you also highlight the info on how to reach out to team who is working on developing this? I may help in some way..
I mean this landing page - telsamate
1000007836.jpg

The original developer has stepped back, however as per the update notes in an update a couple of days ago, there’s now a “Teslamate Org“ development team working on it. There’s been a couple of updates in the past week or so, already, so development seems to have kicked up a notch. I’m running the latest version and it works just fine with my M3 on 2023.44.1.

Hey all - is the current teslamate fully synced to work with the new Tesla API? I've been holding off on any updates past 2023.38 (I see not there's a 2023.44!) since I'm concerned it'll break teslamate
It uses the latest updates to the official API for reading vehicle state.

It does not use the new control API, but it also doesn't use the old control API, since it is all read only. :)

I think it is possible that the oauth settings could use an update now that there is more official support? I'm not sure if there is current work there, but the old approach still works.

I noticed my Teslamate install hadn't been updated. When I checked the :4000 homepage it shows my car as being asleep for the past 4 weeks when it very much hasn't. It is also showing the car as an old version. Tried updating my Teslamate installation and rebooting the unit it is installed on but no change. Any ideas? Cheers

I noticed my Teslamate install hadn't been updated. When I checked the :4000 homepage it shows my car as being asleep for the past 4 weeks when it very much hasn't. It is also showing the car as an old version. Tried updating my Teslamate installation and rebooting the unit it is installed on but no change. Any ideas? Cheers
Okay, weirdly it's now just refreshed itself. No idea why it failed to log for four weeks - very frustrating.

My install is on 1.27.3

I don't see the update as available.

My image pulls from teslamate/teslamate:latest

I could do a docker pull and see if it will update but wanted to check here before I did so as my car is on 2023.26.12 and I'd rather not break something as it all seems to be working fine right now.

I'm on 1.28.2 and MQTT haven't been working in Home Assistant. Anyone else have the same problem?

Also, can anyone else confirm that the latest release breaks MQTT?

Last edited:
I could do a docker pull and see if it will update but wanted to check here before I did so as my car is on 2023.26.12 and I'd rather not break something as it all seems to be working fine right now.
I installed my TeslaMate in February last year & it hasn't been updated since. The container had been up for 586 days without even restarting. Last week I did a Docker pull to update the fixes for the new car software version & it just worked fine, with no fuss. YMMV of course, but it was fine for me.

Since my previous installation of Teslamate stoped working due to old raspberry PI I did a new installation and restored my database.

Now when i try to backup my database it only makes empty files, with zero bytes.

I did had an old model s that i deleted from the database when i bought a new model Y. I am not sure if that have anything with this problem to do.

Have anyone encountered this before?

Since my previous installation of Teslamate stoped working due to old raspberry PI I did a new installation and restored my database.

Now when i try to backup my database it only makes empty files, with zero bytes.

I did had an old model s that i deleted from the database when i bought a new model Y. I am not sure if that have anything with this problem to do.

Have anyone encountered this before?

It doesnt matter if I use the way described on Teslamates side, with this command:
docker compose exec -T database pg_dump -U teslamate teslamate > /backuplocation/teslamate.bck

Or any other way or in any other folder, it creates the same size of backup size, 0 bytes.