Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

teslamotors.com price decrease - Model X 19" and 20" Winter Sets

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey friends,

The 19" cyclone winter set is on - picture attached. I didn't end up getting them powder coated though.

Regarding road noise and bumps/vibrations on the 22" vs. 19" wheels: The first day or two the wheels were on I did notice the ride was a bit smoother, but only a bit. Bumps are still bumps. Its not like the 19" wheels magically make anything go away -- the ride is only a *tiny* bit smoother. For those in the process of making your wheels decision, I would disregard this factor. It's just not a big enough difference to matter.

Regarding the advertised "up to 10% loss in range": Didn't happen. I have teslalog.com logging all my trips and I commute the same way 3-4 times per week. The difference was less than 1/2 of 1%. I'm basically using the same energy to charge my MX with 19" wheels vs when it had 22" wheels.

Summarized, I recommend making your wheel decision based on aesthetic and price. The loss of range and road noise are not big factors based on my direct (though admittedly, non-scientific) comparison.

UnpluggedP: Nice wheels! :) (but I already have 2 sets, so I'm good)
How new are your 19" tires? Has the temperature dropped considerably since switching from the 22" wheels?

Just trying to flesh out your experience versus what Tesla says, and many others have experienced regarding the range loss with the 22" wheels and tires.

Cheers!