Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslas in Movies & TV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BTW, I didn't consider it coincidental that the owner in that shot was, um, portrayed as "a bit naive" or "really idealistic". It seemed they tried to make the audience respect him but not necessarily agree with him.

Tesla Mentioned on ESPN's Mike and Mike This Morning

Not sure if anyone on here listens to their show, but it's a pretty long-running radio broadcast that is also shown on TV in the mornings. Hall of Fame Wide Receiver Cris Carter was subbing in for one of the hosts. They were comparing the Lebron James situation to leasing a car, and how its nice to get a new one every 3 years. Carter mentioned he drives a Mercedes 550 for 8-10 years , but his lease is up and he's considering going electric. Mike Greenburg immediately commented "ah the Tesla." Carter said "yes, I'm thinking edgier, energy, but I'm scared I will go back to old reliable. If anyone out there with Tesla wants to hook me up with more information, hit me."

So hopefully someone from Tesla will reach out, or if any of us on Twitter want to send him a positive note about Tesla it would be nice to see another high-profile person give Tesla some good pub.

If the guy's really interested (and I hope he is), it takes all of a 2-second Google search to come up with tons of glowing Model S reviews. 8-10 years is a long lease, BTW.
These radio guys are always looking for free cars in turn for publicity, endorsement... I don't think Tesla is at the point where they care enough yet... Gen III might be a different story.

KingsmanTrailerScreenshot.png
I don't get it. ;)

Mod Note: a collection of posts went here - Tesla-Model-X-in-the-Movies-and-TV - as they were much more Model X than S.

(Nice find btw.)

Fine, Nigel! I see your thread move and raise you a picture from the same show with 3MS in it (and also the X in the background)... What are you going to do about that? Make a thread that is "Model S and X in Movies and TV" :p

I jest, and I already posted the X shots in the other thread anyway. Just couldn't resist :)

3 ms.PNG

x in the background.PNG

As I stated in the Model X thread, this scene had three MS, one MX, an i3 and some orange looking car that I couldn't quite place. One of the MS has wheels for winter driving on them like Bjorn has on his MS in Norway. I get the feeling from the license plates that the show is supposed to be set in the EU somewhere anyway. Maybe that place is supposed to be Norway?

2 ms.PNG

Ok, a little bit later in the episode (like maybe 5 minutes) and the interesting thing here (and I have another X shot I will add to the other thread that has the same thing) one of them has a little triangular object on the roof... anyone wanna guess that this is supposed to be the autonomous driving aspect that is shown in the show?

Maybe this is Spielberg's impression of what the Google tech might look like in a "low profile" futuristic version? Or maybe they got some insight into what they are planning to add to our cars? Either way, that makes a total of 5 MS, 1 MX, an i3, some orange car, and a Prius with what looks to be solar panels on the hood (Sorry if you can't see it very well in this shot)

- - - Updated - - -

The wheels on that S on the left are the no longer available Tesla "Aero" wheels. They are not specific to winter driving, they're a supposedly lower air resistance wheel that our Norwegian friend Bjorn happens to have on his S.

I'm going to have to check out this Continuum show.

No, no, sorry, I forgot the show title was stripped out when it all moved to the MX thread. This is the new CBS show Extant which they are now on their second episode. It's pretty good, but hunting all these cars in the show is making it even more fun to watch! :) (yep, I am a nerd.)

- - - Updated - - -

ms inside.PNG

Ha! Looks like they used an almost brand new car for this, and someone has a software update pending... he should get that taken care of!

- - - Updated - - -

Last one for the night... it was in the trailer... looks like they are going to crash this beautiful car!!! NOOOOOOOO! (Also, someone must have bumped the settings button, cause noone drives with that screen up all the time, right???)
about to crash.PNG

Tesla Model S in TV show Suits... Looks like they blacked out the Tesla T on the front of the car... Yellow license plate on front.. looked like maybe a NY plate. Funny it almost sounded like they added a motor sound to the sound track as it drove off...

image.jpg

Last edited:
Fine, Nigel! I see your thread move and raise you a picture from the same show with 3MS in it (and also the X in the background)... What are you going to do about that? Make a thread that is "Model S and X in Movies and TV" :p

I jest, and I already posted the X shots in the other thread anyway. Just couldn't resist :)

View attachment 53917

As I stated in the Model X thread, this scene had three MS, one MX, an i3 and some orange looking car that I couldn't quite place. One of the MS has wheels for winter driving on them like Bjorn has on his MS in Norway. I get the feeling from the license plates that the show is supposed to be set in the EU somewhere anyway. Maybe that place is supposed to be Norway?

I was watching this episode this morning and at this exact scene I was thinking: "hmmm... She drives to TMC Connect in an i3? How rude!"

It was funny to see every car being a Tesla, but I guess we wouldn't imagine the future any other way, would we?