Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslas in Movies & TV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haha! Poor Nissan. In fairness this is only the second episode. I am interested to see what else they do show! But clearly he thinks that Tesla is the leader in the future :)
Yeah, not convinced Toyota is going to use that shot on billboards, though. The Prius was used as a run-down, dirty, old, scrap car of someone living as a fugitive. It was like when they have a show set in the present and someone pulls up in a old piece of junk car from the 90's...

Yeah, not convinced Toyota is going to use that shot on billboards, though. The Prius was used as a run-down, dirty, old, scrap car of someone living as a fugitive. It was like when they have a show set in the present and someone pulls up in a old piece of junk car from the 90's...

Can't argue with that logic! The 2000's "car of the future" was the Prius, so to see it as an old scrap car really does give that feeling. I hadn't really thought about it like that, I just knew they couldn't give the fugitive guy a nice car. Man, Spielberg is a genius!

According to the Steven Spielberg, Nissan Leaf has no future... even prius made into the show... LOL

Continuing this a bit off topic. Seems Nissan has a future... but it isn't the Leaf (at least not thus far) Here is a shot of the car that chased down the main character in tonight's episode of Extant. Based on the sound effects used, I don't think this is even supposed to be an "electrified" car, just a normal SUV.

shot2.PNG

Back on topic here are some shots for tonight's Model S appearances. The good news, the Model S did not suffer any damage. In the trailer they made it seem like this scene was going to play out a bit worse. But it did make it slightly less of a thrilling scene. Also the License Plate shot, anyone know what country that is supposed to be from? I am still trying to figure out which country this show is supposed to be set in. Enjoy the photos!

shot1.PNG

shot5.PNG

shot6.PNG

shot7.PNG

Also the License Plate shot, anyone know what country that is supposed to be from? I am still trying to figure out which country this show is supposed to be set in.

I think it's supposed to be set in the US (or maybe Canada).

I would like to think that in the time the show is supposed to be set in, we are enlightened enough to have started using the more attractive European proportioned plates and have long abandoned our tall and narrow ones (especially in the front). Our current plates might have looked all right on a '55 Chevy, but in todays world of low wide cars, they look out of place.

Just watched the third episode of Extant. The scene halfway into the show where Molly's boss picks her up at her house in his red S made me laugh. There is a shot of both of them in the car, it's not moving, and he is preparing to drive off. He clearly presses down on the gearshift stalk to put the car in D and then turns the wheel way over to the left. The car doesn't move. He presses down on the gearshift stalk a second time, then the car moves forward, out of the frame to the viewers right.

The first time he pressed down on the stalk he didn't hold it down quite long enough to engage D. They didn't bother to do another take probably because they thought no one would notice. But to me it looked very odd.

I think after the first press down on the stalk the car was still in Park. Then the second press down got it into D.

I've done that myself numerous times. But it caught my eye seeing it in the show.

The Aero wheels on that red S in Extant are certainly striking. Despite seeing multiple Model S cars every day out driving where I live, I think I have yet to see one with Aero wheels. They are rare.

The Aero wheels on that red S in Extant are certainly striking. Despite seeing multiple Model S cars every day out driving where I live, I think I have yet to see one with Aero wheels. They are rare.

I had a loaner last winter with the aero wheels and winter tires. They actually look better in person than they do on paper. The only problem I had in winter was that snow would get jammed up in the fairly small gap between the "hubcap-looking" piece and the outer rim and it would throw the balance off. I had to get the snow brush out and scrape the snow/ice out of there. I don't think they're a good winter option for this reason.

- - - Updated - - -

He clearly presses down on the gearshift stalk to put the car in D and then turns the wheel way over to the left. The car doesn't move. He presses down on the gearshift stalk a second time, then the car moves forward, out of the frame to the viewers right.

I do that all the time. I'm too quick tapping the brake to turn the car on and hitting Drive. I often have to hit Drive a second time.

I think it is a little unfortunate that the "bad guys" from the ISEA on Extant are the ones driving the Tesla, while Molly (Halle Berry) is driving a BMW i3. Still, it is really fun to see a Tesla on a network TV show!

I am concerned that Extant is not going to last very long, since the ratings have been declining. The major networks usually don't have much patience with that, especially with Sci-Fi shows.

In Extant the heroine drives an i3 the crazy conspiracy believing guy(who is probably right) that lives in trailer down by the river(well the coast line) drives an old Prius and EVERYONE ELSE drives a Tesla including the bad guys.

Extant gets average ratings but appears to have much higher than average production cost including Ms Berry's salary.

That spells cancellation regardless of genre.

Edit: The father of Ms Berry's character drives an unbranded full sized pickup with upright solar panels on the hood.