Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I sent a long email with all the issues I had. You are well aware of them.

When I ordered 9 months ago, your website showed something totally different up to a few days ago. What I received is not what I ordered nor expected.

When I first reached out, I was told the Velcro was missing. Now I guess they aren’t supposed to be used at all with the seats up. You guys don’t know what you are selling.

Either way, I’m free to post and give my honest feedback after such a bad experience.
Just to clarify, we did inform you that the mats you were getting were an upgrade from the ones on our site. Our trunk mats are made with the same material as our floor mats not a cheep thin layer of plastic. You may have misunderstood us regarding the velcro. We never would include velcro with our mats. We may suggest putting velcro on the bottom of the mats if the customer feels the mats are not secure enough for them. The model y 7 seater 3 row trunk mat is not suppose to be used when the 3rd row is up. The mat has to be longer than the seat in order to fit properly when the 3rd row in down, that way it covers the entire surface area of the entire trunk.

We are sorry you feel you had a bad experience with us.

Ok, I thought I was the only one. I'll be posting a full review soon. It's ridiculous I waited 9 months (yes, 9 long freakin months) just for these mats to come in. And when I finally got them, they are indeed garbage!! What's the point of the 3rd row mat being 1 piece if the seats fold up/down individually? Why do these mats not stick to the seat? I reached out multiple times to Tesla Shields. They asked what was wrong with them, and that I should CUT THEM IN HALF to resolve this. WTF.
LOL, i asked him what should I do with the mat when the 3rd seats are in used. Should we fold and throw in the frunk? What a stupid design! Check out the link that I posted for Amazon mats, they are better fitment.

Reactions: qdeathstar
Horrible customer service response above by Tesla Shields. I find it hard to believe that you gladly accept returns when it's almost impossible to get a refund before anything has even shipped!? Then the customer is responsible for the return shipping charges? And IF YOU approve the return? On top of that you post RANDOM pictures of mats that were returned from that customer and leave out the picture he took showing a two inch gap in spacing? Your responses to people from whom you have taken money (and most who seem to have still not received product) are classless.

Tesla Shields has had a few chances to rectify my situation and yet, he we are (since June!), still no credit card refund. Until this company is out of my rear view mirror, I will keep spreading my experience. As a member of the military with 20+ years of service, the lack of respect, integrity, and professionalism from this company has irritated me to my core. When my time is wasted, I always get that time back TS.

Last edited:
Horrible customer service response above by Tesla Shields. I find it hard to believe that you gladly accept returns when it's almost impossible to get a refund before anything has even shipped!? Then the customer is responsible for the return shipping charges? And IF YOU approve the return? On top of that you post RANDOM pictures of mats that were returned from that customer and leave out the picture he took showing a two inch gap in spacing? Your responses to people from whom you have taken money (and most who seem to have still not received product) are classless.

Tesla Shields has had a few chances to rectify my situation and yet, he we are (since June!), still no credit card refund. Until this company is out of my rear view mirror, I will keep spreading my experience. As a member of the military with 20+ years of service, the lack of respect, integrity, and professionalism from this company has irritated me to my core. When my time is wasted, I always get that time back TS.
I am not sure you are really a customer of ours. On December 16, 2021 we asked you for your order number so we could help you but your never provided us with one instead you have decided to keep writing terrible things about us. If you did order mats from us and have an issue with them then please provide us with an order number. Otherwise, there is nothing to rectify and you have decided to fabricate your stories.

Hey, I just skimmed through this post and some others regarding TeslaShield and thought I’d add my recent experience.

In short - Overall good experience.

I didn’t become aware of shipping delays until I had already placed my order. With that in mind, I didn’t expect to receive the 7 seater mats until several weeks or a few months. I ordered the mats a few days before picking up the car. And to my surprise I received the mats within a few days (within a week of ordering). Since I had the car for a few days I didn’t mind the stock mats and thought I may just keep them. When the mats arrived the box didn’t have the 3rd row mat. At that point I decided to return the mats. 1) I like the stock mats 2) the 3rd row wasn’t included. (When i spoke to Jason he was already aware of the 3rd row not received and said they’ve already processed the shipping of that package.)

I emailed TeslaShield and they promptly replied asking what the issue was and that I could return them at my expense.

Let me comment on the quality of the mats real quick. Personally they’re way better than WeatherTech! I did put the driver and passenger side in the car and honestly they fit perfect - no gaps. Again, I’m just pleased with the stock mats of the car.

I mailed the mats back and spoke to Jason and Janet after they were received. Initially they advised me they couldn’t return them because they were damaged when they received them. I returned them in the same box I received them. But I guess they got smashed while in transit. Obviously I wasn’t happy but speaking with Janet more, she told me she would follow up with me over the weekend and see what they could do. She replied within 24 hrs and refunded me the money within 48hrs.

Would I recommend them, yes. It appears they’ve overcome their shipping obstacles and the quality of the mats is there.

I hope this helps anyone that is on the edge whether to buy TeslaShield mats. Oh yea, I have a MY 2022 7 seater for reference.

You are not the only one LOL. What i’ve learned from this company is always used credit card so we can do charge back
If customer does not try and contact us to return our products and tries to do a charge back with their credit card that is stealing and we will contest those actions. We have had some customers use our products and try to return them to us is a used condition which is also unacceptable. An honest customer will contact us prior to using our products requesting a return and that is something we do accept. Like all companies we do have return policies.

If customer does not try and contact us to return our products and tries to do a charge back with their credit card that is stealing and we will contest those actions. We have had some customers use our products and try to return them to us is a used condition which is also unacceptable. An honest customer will contact us prior to using our products requesting a return and that is something we do accept. Like all companies we do have return policies.
In the same vein, an honest company will not keep making and then breaking promises.

Reactions: qdeathstar
Stop lying. Did I contact you? I even sent you an email before they shipped. When I asked for a return and you asked me to pay for return shipping even though your mats are garbage, the fitments are garbage and stop lying about your company came up with the design LOL. I cant put that stupid design on my 70k car. If you posted those mats on your website before then I would never purchase them. I still have the email trail if you wanted me to post them here. I am not the only one here that has issue with you Jason

Last edited:
Admin note: The TShield's representative posting under the username @CS@Tshields is new at Tshields and it is my understanding that she has been brought on to help fix the previous issues with customer service and communication. As such, this representative may not be aware of all previous communications you have had with Tshields, be it on the forum or directly.

We have placed and new order for our sub trunk mats (Our fulfillment center informed us our shipment may have been tampered with and our sub trunk mats were missing) and will ship them directly to our customers once we receive them. Please email me your order number.