Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Teslaunch Model X/S Gear Shift Stalk Switch Turn Signal Lever Kit🚀GIVEAWAY!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Tesla enthusiasts,

How's everyone doing? 👋 We've got some exciting news to share! The long-awaited Model X/S Gear Shift Stalk Switch Turn Signal Lever Kit has finally passed the test and is officially launched for sale, meeting everyone's expectations🚗💨. This product meets our daily needs and conforms to our muscle memory.🛡👍

To celebrate these new additions, we're inviting 2 TMC fans to put these products to the test and share their honest reviews here and write an experience post on TMC!!! Let's take a look at the latest products👇

Tesla Model X/S Gear Shift Stalk Switch Turn Signal Lever Kit

Product link:
Model X/S Gear Shift Stalk Switch Turn Signal Lever Kit for Tesla

Product pictures:
SX GEAR SHIFT .png

Lottery quota:

2 for Model S/X car owners

How to Participate:
Simply drop a comment below sharing why you want to try.

Requirements:
1. Own Tesla Model S or Model X
2. Share your experience and share pictures and videos in this post and on the TMC post after receiving the product.

End date:
May 4, 2024

I have not yet had any PRND failures. I'll try to do a bunch of testing the next time I go for a drive - I'll make a bunch of PRND selections to give the system a good workout.
I gave the system a turn signals and PRND selections a good workout in my driveway. In 50 very quick (i.e. quick press and release, with no attempt to pause before releasing) I had one failure. R or D selections do appear to require moving the R stalk all the way to the stop (upwards for R, and downwards for D). I do get failed commands if the stalk is not fully moved to the stop. I did about 25 commands each of R and D, and none failed as long as I hit the stop.

Careful on the lower shroud to not move it down more than necessary. I pulled mine away for more than needed and somehow ended up adding fold or something to the vinyl fabric. trim piece that hides the gab between the lower back shroud and the lower dash. When I put it all back together and adjusted the steering wheel all the way in, it ended up pulling 3 retaining clips that fasten this cloth with 3 slits on each side to the inside of the lower dash. I thought I'd broken something but it turned out to nothing. I did have to remove the knee airbag panel below the lower dash in order to fit the concealing fabric back on it's 3 tabs and the press the retaining clips back on. I feel like this is a little bit of a freak occurrence and unlikely to happen if you don't move the lower steering column shroud more than necessary.
This is perhaps not a freak occurrence. I heard a bit of a noise when retracting the column for the first time after the first installation, but couldn't figure out what the cause was, and it never repeated. I later found one metal retaining clip on the floor, but couldn't figure out where it had come from. Looking below column now, I can see that the fabric is not correctly in place at the lower column shroud. I need to do some digging to figure out how to get things back in their correct place.

Hello! Thank you very much for your review. This product is brand new and produced by our own mold. Its features are similar to those of the 3/Y, for specific functions, please refer to the description below.

Function Display
Right Lever
R Gear: Push Upwards
N Gear: While in R Gear, Push Downwards
D Gear: While in N Gear, Push Downwards
P Gear: Press the Side Button
Activate Autopilot: Push Down Twice Continuously
Cruise Control: Press Once

Left Lever
High Beam Flash: Push Forward
Horn (New Function): Pull Backward
Right Turn Signal: Push Upwards
Left Turn Signal: Push Downwards
Wiper: Press the Side Button
Wiper with Water: Long Press Side Button

This product has undergone safety testing before being launched for sale. The main feature is the gear shift. When the vehicle speed exceeds 5 kilometers per hour, the vehicle system will refuse to shift gears. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, and our technical department will answer them one by one. 😊

Can this be reprogrammed so pulling the left stalk activates the high beams instead of the horn? Push forward is keep them on, pull back is turning on temporarily. This is how it should be.

This is perhaps not a freak occurrence. I heard a bit of a noise when retracting the column for the first time after the first installation, but couldn't figure out what the cause was, and it never repeated. I later found one metal retaining clip on the floor, but couldn't figure out where it had come from. Looking below column now, I can see that the fabric is not correctly in place at the lower column shroud. I need to do some digging to figure out how to get things back in their correct place.
I removed the yoke and upper and lower column shrouds again. I got the gap filler at the end of lower shroud approximately back in place. It would take more disassembly than I am willing to do to get the gap filler fully secured in place. This is good enough for now. The next time the Tesla Mobile Service guy is over I'll see if I can pay him a bit of extra cash to have him sort it out.

I removed the yoke and upper and lower column shrouds again. I got the gap filler at the end of lower shroud approximately back in place. It would take more disassembly than I am willing to do to get the gap filler fully secured in place. This is good enough for now. The next time the Tesla Mobile Service guy is over I'll see if I can pay him a bit of extra cash to have him sort it out.

To put it back properly with the gap hider side flap slits over the tab protrusions, you need to remove the knee airbag panel just below. It comes off with two bolts but you should disconnect HV and LV power again since it is an airbag. You don't really need to disconnect the knee airbag as the cable provides enough slack to deal with the gap hider.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered this kit twice from the website and they canceled and refunded me twice without any explanation. Has anyone else had this happen? It is quite annoying.
That is weird. For me, they had a problem with my delivery address and I had to make sure it was residential. Upon arrival to the US, they have a local company that completes the delivery.

To put it back properly with the gap hider side flap slits over the tab protrusions, you need to remove the knee airbag panel just below. It comes off with two bolts but you should disconnect HV and LV power again since it is an airbag. You don't really need to disconnect the knee airbag as the cable provides enough slack to deal with the gap hider.
I'll look again once I get home from this road trip, but I'm not sure where those bolts are. I thought I looked pretty hard for them when I was considering removing that airbag panel. Does anything else need to come off to provide access to those two bolts?

I'll look again once I get home from this road trip, but I'm not sure where those bolts are. I thought I looked pretty hard for them when I was considering removing that airbag panel. Does anything else need to come off to provide access to those two bolts?

I just followed this:

Note that the E10 (external torx) were just 10mm hex nuts on mine. I didn't disconnect the airbag wires. As soon as I removed the airbag panel, the 3 clips that popped off holding the gap hider in place all fell to the floor.

Reactions: Cebu97 and khorton
I have an email going with you already.
Hello! Thank you for your reply. I checked and found that the previous two orders were automatically refunded because the payment credit card was mistakenly flagged as high risk by the system. If necessary, please check if your credit card has been compromised. I have already asked my colleagues in the warehouse to hold and process your new order. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at any time.

Reactions: sorka
I got my package in a timely manner, and am really impressed with the packaging. The stalks appear very sturdy and solid, and although I don't know if they are OEM, they certainly match OEM quality in appearance.

The finish is excellent, and the trim color matches perfectly. The package included an instruction document. I'll share more about the functionality once I've had a chance to test them.

Clicking the stalks up/down tells me that the product quality is good... they click just like OEM stalks on the 3 and Y.

Reactions: jlv1
I got my package in a timely manner, and am really impressed with the packaging. The stalks appear very sturdy and solid, and although I don't know if they are OEM, they certainly match OEM quality in appearance.

The finish is excellent, and the trim color matches perfectly. The package included an instruction document. I'll share more about the functionality once I've had a chance to test them.

Clicking the stalks up/down tells me that the product quality is good... they click just like OEM stalks on the 3 and Y.
Mine didn't come with any instructions. Would you be able to share that with me? I was planning to install the stalks today.

Thanks,
Marc

Mine didn't come with any instructions. Would you be able to share that with me? I was planning to install the stalks today.

Thanks,
Marc
I will try to scan them but am out of town now for a couple of days. I think if you email or tag Teslaunch team they should be able to send you instructions. They have an easy to follow YouTube video too, and that's the one I'd use anyway.

I just finished the install. Everything except for one issue went well. There is a bit of a color variation compared to the original upper shroud which I don't care about but we'll see what the wife says :)

The issue I have relates to the center panel where the blue female plug is. It was very hard coming out but I eventually got it. Getting it back in again is another story. I see the locating clips on the back of it and the slots they mate up with. I also see the locating pins and clips on the front bottom but for the life of me I can't seem to get the assembly back in far enough. It feels like it is hitting something inside toward the center which is keeping it from going all the way in. There was a wire loom that I though might be in the way so I got it clear. I made sure the new wire from the kit isn't in the way but after taking it out and putting it back multiple times I still can't get it and I don't want to force it to the extent that I break something. Before I give up and go over to the Tesla shop with my tail between my legs, does anyone have any insights as to what might be wrong?

Marc

I just finished the install. Everything except for one issue went well. There is a bit of a color variation compared to the original upper shroud which I don't care about but we'll see what the wife says :)

The issue I have relates to the center panel where the blue female plug is. It was very hard coming out but I eventually got it. Getting it back in again is another story. I see the locating clips on the back of it and the slots they mate up with. I also see the locating pins and clips on the front bottom but for the life of me I can't seem to get the assembly back in far enough. It feels like it is hitting something inside toward the center which is keeping it from going all the way in. There was a wire loom that I though might be in the way so I got it clear. I made sure the new wire from the kit isn't in the way but after taking it out and putting it back multiple times I still can't get it and I don't want to force it to the extent that I break something. Before I give up and go over to the Tesla shop with my tail between my legs, does anyone have any insights as to what might be wrong?

Marc
The metal v/spring clips often get tweaked. They pull off the trim pieces and you can use a flat bade to re bend them into position. You can also buy new clips if that is the issue and they get too mangled.