Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TESLIVE - Volunteer Opportunities

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bonnie

I play a nice person on twitter.
Feb 6, 2011
Columbia River Gorge
This is a grassroots effort & while we're doing our best to make sure everything is covered, I'm also sure that volunteers will be needed. A couple of you have been gracious enough to send private messages, letting me know you'd be happy to pitch in where ever we might need help. Please note that there are no free passes for volunteers. I wish I could say there were, but the budget doesn't allow for that.

I'll keep this first list updated with where we might need assistance - if you feel you can help, please reply right in the thread. As we get closer to the event, we'll contact people with specific needs.

Right now, we believe we will be able to use assistance with:

• Parking logistics
  • Charging schedule (we're currently collecting charging needs)
  • Carpooling
  • Registration Table
  • Event Photography
  • Coordinate SJC airport pickup/dropoff requests with hotel shuttle / SFO requests with TMC driver volunteers (discoducky - see separate thread for more information)
  • Pick up / drop off fellow TMC members from airport (SFO)
  • Event setup
  • Post-event cleanup
  • First-Responder/physician attendee contact list
  • Sunday Drive - drive planner/coordinator, based locally

The list is going to grow longer. If you have a special skill that you believe would be helpful to us, please speak up and point it out. We may not have thought about using TMC help.

Last edited:
I'm a pro photographer and would be happy to help out with event coverage, if you don't want to leave it entirely to crowd sourcing. I can be there sometime Friday, depending on flight schedules I haven't researched yet. Will be out of the country prior to the Friday, so I probably can't help with logistics.

I'm a pro photographer and would be happy to help out with event coverage, if you don't want to leave it entirely to crowd sourcing. I can be there sometime Friday, depending on flight schedules I haven't researched yet. Will be out of the country prior to the Friday, so I probably can't help with logistics.

I don't think we'd even put that on the list. Great idea! (Added it above.) If you need anything out here in advance, you know my home address.

Happy to help and I can be there early enough (driving in from Seattle) to do registration or help with parking/shuttling/organization/scheduling logistics and/or labor. I'm a Project/Program Manager.

Bonnie, I'm up for

- airport pickups on Friday (standby as I've got to fit the school run in there somewhere)
- airport dropoffs for sure late on Saturday and on Sunday
- can take out-of-town folks along on the potentially-record-breaking Sunday drive
- any random help at all on Saturday

Hmmm. Based on your post history, I not sure if I would request not to ride with you, or specifically to ride with you. :biggrin:

:wink: I've managed to tame my driving a bit (tires can't handle it until I get new ones)
check out how low my Whr/mile is getting:tongue:

I could give a tour of some local hills (If carsickness isn't an issue)

I should be also be able to do some random set up/tear down help too if needed (or bring some snacks or something for people who are?). Don't have any plans for the weekend besides the teslive things and saying hi to family

Bonnie, I'm up for

- airport pickups on Friday (standby as I've got to fit the school run in there somewhere)
- airport dropoffs for sure late on Saturday and on Sunday
- can take out-of-town folks along on the potentially-record-breaking Sunday drive
- any random help at all on Saturday

Exactly the same for me, down to the "I might be driving kids around until 6pm on Friday"

When I've "gofer"ed at conventions in the past, there was typically a Gofer HQ set up in a room somewhere. This created a central location so that people running different events throughout the hotel/venue could radio in to request extra manpower (for setup/cleanup/delivery/whatever). Besides the pre-registered gofers (who volunteered to work for scheduled/specific periods of time), regular attendees could stop by Gofer HQ to volunteer at their leisure, giving them something different/fun to do between events.

Are any details of the Sunday drive already figured out? Time? Meeting place? Route?

Right now we need a local person to help plan the route - something interesting, drive it, finalize it. We will supply some experienced help (ie, someone who has planned plenty of group drives, just not for this area). It just needs to be someone local who knows the area well.