Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesprotect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Living in a hot climate, and knowing how hot the surface of that screen-back already gets, I don't want to trap any of that heat against that expensive screen with additional black rubber. Just my $0.02

I'm the proprietor of TesProtect, and I appreciate your comments. I agree that temperature is a concern, which is why we tested the TesProtect in Phoenix and Scottsdale for the better part of a year, with ambient temperatures approaching 120 degrees, including a record number of days above 110 degrees F. We've not seen any issues with use of the TesProtect in hot climates. Nonetheless, we encourage owners to utilize the Cabin Overheat software included with their Tesla because that will limit the temperature in the cabin to less than 105 degrees, with or without a TesProtect.

The utility of the TesProtect is preventing an accidentally cracked touchscreen. The physics of cracked screens seem to indicate that it is possible to crack the touchscreen with an inadvertent tap, such as with the edge of a cell phone at just the right angle at the edge of the touchscreen. Resonant frequencies are shown to fracture crystalline structures, which is why car burglars use pieces of ceramic spark plugs to break auto glass, and why wine glasses can actually be cracked using resonant frequencies of sound.

• Informative
Reactions: CO_MY
TBH I would rather invest in a screen protector rather than a screen bumper. This thing looks super cheesy IMO.

Hi, NaiWiste;

I'm the proprietor of TesProtect.com, and I'd like the chance to change your mind. I'd like to send a sample one to you, along with a prototype knurled knob with screw that makes accessing your car's a-c filters a breeze.

The TesProtect is minimalist, and is purposefully understated, melding into your car's interior while protecting from accidental damage that can be cause by inadvertent taps at the bevelled edge, for example, on accident with your cell phone (whose charging cradle is immediately below the touchscreen).

If you are interested, plea PM me directly at [email protected].

Thank you for your comments, but more importantly for being part of the solution to our environmental problems.

Our next products are a protector for charging handles, in addition to the convenience knurled knob a-c filter convenience screw.

Kind Regards,

-Jay B.

s399815577275028356_p4_i4_w4032.jpeg

Reactions: durjosep and HeyEph