Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Test Driving Today Any Requests

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my test drive today in NY/NJ does anyone have a request for a photo they missed taking or a question they didn't get to ask Tesla personnel?

Yes thanks! If they have a car with textile interior I would like to know if the front seats have that little kangaroo pocket like the leather seats do. I'd also like to know the status of the concealed storage / cup holder / console solution(s) they are working on--design details and time till they will be offered with the car. Have fun on your drive!

Last edited:
Yes! If they have a car with textile interior I would like to know if the front seats have that little kangaroo pocket like the leather seats do. Have fun on your drive!
I'd love to hear your feedback on the Green color. I saw it at the DC event last week and thought it was beautiful, but I'd also like to hear other opinions. More pics is always great!
Amazing how in less than a week as I now try to remember what the Green looked like my memory is hazy.
I just recall it being a real knockout, but none of the pics that I've seen posted so far do it justice.

Also, after driving a perf. version and riding in a standard version it struck me as the perf. version was a much smoother ride as well.
Many others have reported similar results. Love to get feedback from people at the NY event as the same cars are there as were in DC.

Nice offer ERock, thanks. Mine is broad and unlikely to get any definitive answer, but given all the airtime we've heard of design tweaks (center console, etc.), engineering tweaks (parking brake, etc.), technology tweaks (mobile data plans, etc.)...

Q - Does Tesla have a comprehensive list of tweaks/adjustments that are being actively considered for Model S(likely)? Will they share it (doubtful)? If so, will they indicate likely likely time frame for solution rollout (super doubtful)?

BTW - I am a huge fan, so not trashing Tesla's incredible results to date, just wondering as I am P7006 and look to get my car in about 6 months.

Cattledog

Thanks for the offer!

After seeing how the blinker on the screen showing the simulation of the actual vehicle blinks in synch with the physical blinker, I was wondering if the same was true for the brake lights.

I'd be especially interested to know if brake lights on the display come on when the regen kicks in (and also with regular braking.)

Reason being, in my current ICE vehicle, I very rarely use the brake on the highway -- I'd rather coast and hover foot over the brake pedal in case braking is really required.

In the past this has given folks behind me less warning of the speed of the traffic in front of me than my wife would like, hopefully the regen activated brake lights aren't too twitchy, I hate folks on the highway that seem to live with one foot just enough on the brake to engage the light nearly full-time! :frown:

This may have been already answered somewhere on the forum, by my luck searching for common terms is like searching for a needle in a haystack. :eek:

I'd be especially interested to know if brake lights on the display come on when the regen kicks in (and also with regular braking.)

There is an accelerometer which activates the brake lights when the braking force is over some specified amount. I wouldn't think they would be too twitchy. The videos taken from a Tesla following a Tesla don't show more than normal brake light activity.

I heard that there is a way to set the "creep", i.e. if the car starts moving without touching the accelerator. Could you ask if there is a place in the car's settings where to set that and what it looks like?

I heard that there is a way to set the "creep", i.e. if the car starts moving without touching the accelerator. Could you ask if there is a place in the car's settings where to set that and what it looks like?

I test drove yesterday at the NYC event and my ride-along Tesla Rep said that as of now there is no creep at all, but this would likely change in a software update. I didn't think to ask if this would simply enable creep, or if it would provide you with the option (on/off) to enable creep through the touchscreen.

Yes thanks! If they have a car with textile interior I would like to know if the front seats have that little kangaroo pocket like the leather seats do. I'd also like to know the status of the concealed storage / cup holder / console solution(s) they are working on--design details and time till they will be offered with the car. Have fun on your drive!

I saw the green at the NY/NJ event today. It was actually a lot nicer than I expected to the point it is probably the color I'm going to go with.

It is almost black in some lights, and then very blue in others. It isn't exactly Jag green, but a more navy version. I found it to be quite fetching. The sunset red also blew my mind. Really stands out - maybe too much so given the acceleration.

Try a song you know on the sound system. I've heard varying reports on the thing, so another opinion would be nice.

I did mess with the sound system both during and after my drive. I am no expert, but to my ears it was good. I have the upgraded sound system in my Lexus. I didn't get the teeth rattling bass from the Model S, but the quality and clarity even at 11 (yes, it goes to 11) was very good; little to no noticeable distortion, though my wife frowned at me... she doesn't like loud music.

I test drove yesterday at the NYC event and my ride-along Tesla Rep said that as of now there is no creep at all, but this would likely change in a software update. I didn't think to ask if this would simply enable creep, or if it would provide you with the option (on/off) to enable creep through the touchscreen.

Reading things like this make me paranoid, like maybe I want to figure out how to disable any updates without a complete list of what's changed. For this example: I don't want creep--my manual transmission doesn't have it, and I wouldn't want it on my Model S, either.

I think Tesla's smarter than this (just changing how the car works after people get it!), but like I said, I get paranoid when I read things like this.

Reading things like this make me paranoid, like maybe I want to figure out how to disable any updates without a complete list of what's changed. For this example: I don't want creep--my manual transmission doesn't have it, and I wouldn't want it on my Model S, either.

I'm pretty sure when they put it in it will be selectable, like all the other features on the Tesla.

I think Tesla's smarter than this (just changing how the car works after people get it!), but like I said, I get paranoid when I read things like this.
The reputation from Roadster owners is that Tesla generally makes good choices, and respects their customers.

That said, if "as delivered" your vehicle "behaves more like a manual" w/r/t creep when you buy it and later changes to be more like an automatic and is undesirable, you could probably have a decent case in court that the "updates" changed the vehicle in a fundamental way that is different from what you purchased. In that light, you could put pressure on Tesla to make it an option if you really had issue with it.

If anybody is driving on Sunday, could you please find out two things?

1) If you're approaching a steep driveway, do you have to stop completely before you can raise the car, or can you do it when you're at a low speed? (How low?)
2) Can you please find out where the Homelink function is? Does it seem like it will be something easy enough to use every day as you enter and leave your garage?

Thanks!