Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas heat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The fabric is black mesh, so it provides mild effect here. It also came with a separate reflective foil blanket I can layer on top for stronger sun blocking. I'll test it soon on summer vacation in the mediterranean where it's scorching.
This is what I have. The foil blanket makes a big difference. When the interior is cool, after AC, the fabric is cool to the touch.

However, after heat soaking the car in full sunlight, the fabric does feel warm, because of the radiant heat of the dark roof...which has high quality aftermarket film installed.

It doesnt get appreciably hotter in this car than it did in any other car you owned in the same area. The main difference is, you have data that shows you how hot the car is.

EVERY CAR you had was hot inside when it was 80 degrees outside, which is why there are always those public safety announcements to not leave kids and pets in the car, even for a short time, even when "its not that hot" outside.

You can use cabin overheat protection, but you already are. There isnt any reason to worry about how hot it gets in the car though, unless you thought about that a lot in the other cars you had.

Hard to disagree with what you wrote here, but I will say that my civic had a sunroof, with a sliding shade that would cover it. At work, I had to park it outside and when I got in the vehicle at the end of the day, it was immediately obvious if I had left the shade in the open position in the morning ... it was MUCH hotter in the vehicle so while I think you're right that "EVERY CAR you had was hot inside when it was 80 degrees outside" I'd add that the stupid [1] glass roof certainly adds to the problem

[1] ok, 'stupid' is just an opinion, but what's the point of it? You can't even really see up through it if you're in the front seats

If you put a light tint on the windshield (with heat rejection) you’ll be surprised at how effective it is at reducing heat in the cabin. I did 50%.

IMG_3318.png

Last edited:
Reactions: BitJam and Skavatar