Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Model Ys

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you! I did that yesterday and the folks in North Houston were super helpful. We talked about adding Homelink (suggested scheduling mobile service once I have the car unlike my 3 which I had to bring there), and when he looked up my order he said I'm likely still idle from October because I have a white interior, but hopefully they will ramp up on those soon. Our 3 is white/white so I know what I'm getting and it's totally worth the wait for me :) Anyway, thanks for the number info etc. Worked like a charm!
Glad this helped. Yeah, it seems they are pushing a lot to the mobile service to help with the social distancing situation and to be honest it will be more convenient in the long run. I'm still waiting for an update on delivery. BTW what is everyone's VINs on this thread (if you have one)? Are we grouped together at all? I'm 69xx.

Glad this helped. Yeah, it seems they are pushing a lot to the mobile service to help with the social distancing situation and to be honest it will be more convenient in the long run. I'm still waiting for an update on delivery. BTW what is everyone's VINs on this thread (if you have one)? Are we grouped together at all? I'm 69xx.

I’m 98XX. A delivery advisor told me yesterday they are looking for a transporter to bring my car from the rail hub. So I guess that’s better than what I was told earlier that day by someone else that the car was on the train in Utah.

I used to have a guy here in Houston that did PPF as a side line to his work at Star Motor car but unfortunately he retired last year. He recommended Jason Cavallo (Jason Cavallo — Cavallo Car Detailing Auto Salon) but he is not any cheaper than the others. I'm still waiting to hear from EVS (sent two e-mails but no response). I'm looking to do only the front quarter and Jason was around $2200, where GC quoted me approximately $1550. Jason's work looks good. He showed me an Audi he had just done and he repaired a piece on the front of a friend's BMW. I'm going to have to call EVS, they don't seem to respond to their contact e-mail from their web site. I may talk to Jason again as he is less than a mile from my house and the others are on the other side of town.

Just got an update from my local delivery team. They said my car is expected to arrive at the Arkansas rail hub tomorrow and then they will start working on getting it transported to Houston. So the waiting game continues. Looks like it will be next week at the earliest for me. I'm not sure what is going on as they told me on Monday it was in Arkansas. Guess I'll give them until Monday before I ping them again. The whole transportation thing seems a bit mixed up.

Just got an update from my local delivery team. They said my car is expected to arrive at the Arkansas rail hub tomorrow and then they will start working on getting it transported to Houston. So the waiting game continues. Looks like it will be next week at the earliest for me. I'm not sure what is going on as they told me on Monday it was in Arkansas. Guess I'll give them until Monday before I ping them again. The whole transportation thing seems a bit mixed up.

that stinks. I’m going to check in with them this afternoon. I hate the fact that Texas makes us fund before the car is even shipped.

thanks for the heads up on the PPF. I’m doing the whole car since I want a matte finish. Good to know pricing is on par.

6-11-2020....just given VIN for White/White PUP with 21" & FSD. Expected in 7/11. Needs to go to Tenn. by train, then to Austin, TX. Ordered, 3-14-2019...opening day. vin: 11 thousand series. Hope they don't rush the 6/30 production date just to make the QTR. Said was shipping around 6/30. Watch COVID mess this up. FYI: Planned week vacation for staff to Alaska, not back to 7/15. Hope they don't give it away.

6-11-2020....just given VIN for White/White PUP with 21" & FSD. Expected in 7/11. Needs to go to Tenn. by train, then to Austin, TX. Ordered, 3-14-2019...opening day. vin: 11 thousand series. Hope they don't rush the 6/30 production date just to make the QTR. Said was shipping around 6/30. Watch COVID mess this up. FYI: Planned week vacation for staff to Alaska, not back to 7/15. Hope they don't give it away.
Since you just got the VIN it will be a while before anything really gets set date-wise. I would give it a couple weeks and then start checking with your local delivery team. I has been my experience they have provided better delivery information that the Nevada team.

Since you just got the VIN it will be a while before anything really gets set date-wise. I would give it a couple weeks and then start checking with your local delivery team. I has been my experience they have provided better delivery information that the Nevada team.

Hmm, not for me. I got my VIN (149xx) and delivery date (7/2) on the same day (6/9). Hoping they pull it in, not that I am driving anywhere.

xnappo
Austin

Just got an email from the delivery advisor. Looks like sometime next week. Three weeks of insurance and interest. I should have just flown to Fremont to pick it up and had it shipped here. Would have been quicker.
I hear you. Too bad they don't offer factory delivery. I'm going to call them again on Monday. I'm hoping by then they have some details on when I can expect delivery. I would love to be able to get my appointment set up to get PPF and tint done shortly after taking delivery but I don't want to schedule it and then have to cancel it if they miss the date. If your car is with mine I'm hoping that we will know something very soon. I just hope they don't have too many issues. I can live with some small stuff but if there are major paint issues I'll have to postpone the PPF appointment.

I hear you. Too bad they don't offer factory delivery. I'm going to call them again on Monday. I'm hoping by then they have some details on when I can expect delivery. I would love to be able to get my appointment set up to get PPF and tint done shortly after taking delivery but I don't want to schedule it and then have to cancel it if they miss the date. If your car is with mine I'm hoping that we will know something very soon. I just hope they don't have too many issues. I can live with some small stuff but if there are major paint issues I'll have to postpone the PPF appointment.

I hope there aren’t too many issues as well. I’m expecting a ton based upon posts here and on reddit. I got an update today that they expect the car in Arkansas on Monday. So tack on a few days to get it to Houston and inspect. My date was changed online to Tuesday.

I hope there aren’t too many issues as well. I’m expecting a ton based upon posts here and on reddit. I got an update today that they expect the car in Arkansas on Monday. So tack on a few days to get it to Houston and inspect. My date was changed online to Tuesday.

elnimo,

I just checked my account page and now it says the 20th, it was the 13th! No other communication, sheesh! Frankly, I'm too busy at work to take delivery during the week so next Saturday is fine. Hopefully this means they will have it several days and can fix stuff before I take delivery. Getting itchy to have the car. Every time I pull in my garage, I see the Tesla charger there mocking me! :eek:

If I don't get anything from Tesla over the weekend, I'll call them and check in on Monday and will report back. :cool: