Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Model Ys

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
elnimo,

I just checked my account page and now it says the 20th, it was the 13th! No other communication, sheesh! Frankly, I'm too busy at work to take delivery during the week so next Saturday is fine. Hopefully this means they will have it several days and can fix stuff before I take delivery. Getting itchy to have the car. Every time I pull in my garage, I see the Tesla charger there mocking me! :eek:

If I don't get anything from Tesla over the weekend, I'll call them and check in on Monday and will report back. :cool:

That sucks! I have a missed call from Nevada so I’m hoping that’s not more bad news. I want them to take as much time as possible to check it over, so if they need the time I’m good with that.

Man, been a few days since checking this thread....picked mine up on the 2nd, dropped it straight off for PPF/ceramic and got it back on the 9th...here she is with her older sister....
DSCN4342.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN4335.JPG
    DSCN4335.JPG
    568.8 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCN4336.JPG
    DSCN4336.JPG
    459.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Love
Reactions: mr.smiths.diva
My account is currently sitting on the insurance part because I need a VIN to get insurance. With us being in Texas, is this where I need to be in order to get a VIN?

I feel like in other threads I remember seeing that insurance was needed to be filled out in order to get a VIN, but they were in another state.

yep it is on display in the store. White on black performance. Better than I expected in person!

I just went to check it out as well! I was set on getting gray, but the white is pretty slick with the carbon fiber spoiler. And of course the had the performance on the floor for extra temptation. Lol. I was firm on getting the long range, but after seeing the performance I’m almost ready to abandon ship.

• Disagree
Reactions: Prunesquallor
My account is currently sitting on the insurance part because I need a VIN to get insurance. With us being in Texas, is this where I need to be in order to get a VIN?

I feel like in other threads I remember seeing that insurance was needed to be filled out in order to get a VIN, but they were in another state.

If insurance is all you have to do, you are as far as you can get for a Texas buyer. Texas buyers are required to have the VIN on the proof of insurance. You are now waiting on Tesla to assign the VIN. I sat in this phase for about 3-4 weeks but that was during the shutdown so hopefully you won’t be waiting as long.

No that is not true. All my docs were accepted in March and I have no VIN. Still waiting and ordered last year at launch.
To complete your docs you can just submit your existing insurance and it will put you in completed state.

No that is not true. All my docs were accepted in March and I have no VIN. Still waiting and ordered last year at launch.
To complete your docs you can just submit your existing insurance and it will put you in completed state.
Tesla gave me a VIN prior to me providing insurance document, so that won't hold anyone up. Tesla needs to see the insurance before they will ship the car, along with financing and/or full payment.

Just checked my account and MVPA was there, VIN178xx. Asked for final payment which I submitted. Now for the final waiting stretch.:(
My finance had expired a month ago but they still have the same in the MVPA so not sure if they will renew it or I have to do something.

That sucks! I have a missed call from Nevada so I’m hoping that’s not more bad news. I want them to take as much time as possible to check it over, so if they need the time I’m good with that.
Mine was changed too. Appointment was on 6/15 but now says 6/17. I received no notification of the change. The only reason I looked at the appointment on my account was because of posts on this thread. I'm glad you posted or I might have wasted a trip across town. Before I head to the service center on Wednesday, I will call and make someone there confirm that it is ready since it appears we cannot trust them to keep us informed.

Mine was changed too. Appointment was on 6/15 but now says 6/17. I received no notification of the change. The only reason I looked at the appointment on my account was because of posts on this thread. I'm glad you posted or I might have wasted a trip across town. Before I head to the service center on Wednesday, I will call and make someone there confirm that it is ready since it appears we cannot trust them to keep us informed.

Yeah, I would always confirm the delivery date and time with the delivery team. I don’t trust the account web site. I did a drive by today out of boredom and saw two MYs at Houston service center. Not sure if they were new or cars being repaired. One white and one MSM.

Hi. Anyone taken delivery in San Antonio, how did it go? I postponed my delivery date 3 months back in mid March and have received 3 texts in the last week asking me to complete the on line process so they can assign me a vehicle. Am a little wary as this sounds like they are making a push to get the second Quarter numbers, if so build quality could suffer.

David B
Red/Black AWD 20” Tow Bar. Ordered 1/31/20 modified 4/11/20

the delivery team told me to ignore the date online and that they would call to verify the actual pickup time once they have the car in hand. I think the next batch of cars is supposed to get to Arkansas today (including mine). So it may be that we don’t pick up until later this week. That’s assuming that it didn’t get there earlier or there aren’t further delays.

if I don’t hear from them, I plan to reach out this afternoon to check.