Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Model Ys

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Category 4 and loan will expire in 2 days. Anyone able to get an extension on loan app? 60 days seems like a long time when you apply for financing, but it doesn't cut it when Tesla is counting.
Just let it expire and apply again when you are definitely closer, as they will run your credit again. The same goes for trade-in, Especially if trading with Tesla, get the trade-in quote only when you know it is close, as they will lower your 2nd offer.

Reactions: Lubena95
So today, I just happened to log into my Tesla acct and I see they are asking me to pay my balance, and my VIN number is on the manage page. I have been checking the source code everyday for the past week, since I received the text message about my car being 7 days from being made. I have to say that I am a little nervous about the vin number. I have been seeing all over this forum and Facebook that the vin's being delivered right now are in the 17-18 range. My vin is 120xx. Should I be concerned that this is a vehicle that was refused already???? The Mvpa says 15 miles on the odometer and I will not be able to see the manufacturing date on the door until Friday, which is when my acct says that I am scheduled for pickup.

Ordered MY Blue/Black AWD 19s FSD No Tow. Ordered on 5/14/20, picking up at the Houston location.

So today, I just happened to log into my Tesla acct and I see they are asking me to pay my balance, and my VIN number is on the manage page. I have been checking the source code everyday for the past week, since I received the text message about my car being 7 days from being made. I have to say that I am a little nervous about the vin number. I have been seeing all over this forum and Facebook that the vin's being delivered right now are in the 17-18 range. My vin is 120xx. Should I be concerned that this is a vehicle that was refused already???? The Mvpa says 15 miles on the odometer and I will not be able to see the manufacturing date on the door until Friday, which is when my acct says that I am scheduled for pickup.

Ordered MY Blue/Black AWD 19s FSD No Tow. Ordered on 5/14/20, picking up at the Houston location.

VINs are not sequential from what I gathered on here and that its assigned with batches. Anything is possible regarding it being a reject but what will you do if you wont ever know its a reject? Why worry? I would just thoroughly inspect the vehicle before accepting. If its terrible, that is when you can worry and reject the car. Don't let a low VIN number ruin your amazing experience!

Reactions: PlaidCPA
So I was suppose to pick up my car today at 4 but just got a call saying something is wrong with liftgate. The car was reporting it was open when it was closed. So now they told me they have to fix that and don't know when I will be able to pick it up. I really hope this car is worth it.

Your car is identical to mine. I had a few problems but none were worth rejecting the car. My VIN was 69xx. VIN numbers seem to be all over the place so I wouldn't waste time trying to figure out when the car was made. You will find that out when you get it. I would assume your car was built after mine and would have at least the same quality. I would stop worrying as you won't really know until you see the car.

With having to pre-pay for our cars in Texas before shipment, we would seem to be at a significant disadvantage / less leverage with respect to dealing with cars that have unacceptable defects at delivery.

Wondering if anybody has gone through the process in Texas of:

1. Refusing acceptance of the car before you’ve Accepted the car through the app and unlocked the car. As an example, seeing some of the terrible white mismatched doors that a number of people have reported – could imagine deciding to refuse acceptance without needing to unlock the car.

2. Or, going through the 7 day/1000 mile return process.

Really interested to see whether anybody has done #1 refusing acceptance of the car “before delivery”. Did they keep your money until they could get you another car delivered, or did they start process to refund your money?

For case #2 since you took delivery of the car, and later returned it, are you still on the hook for paying Texas sales tax on the car?

In both cases, were there fees that didn’t get refunded that you had to eat?

Any experiences you guys can share with respect to refusing deliveries in Texas and how it went?

I just noticed that my credit card was charged for the time my Model Y was supercharging while I was inspecting the car prior to pickup. It's a very small charge compared to the cost of everything else related to this vehicle, but I would have preferred to have been told that I was paying for it. It was the Tesla delivery agent who plugged in the supercharger and he did it before he showed us to the vehicle. Did others experience this?

I just noticed that my credit card was charged for the time my Model Y was supercharging while I was inspecting the car prior to pickup. It's a very small charge compared to the cost of everything else related to this vehicle, but I would have preferred to have been told that I was paying for it. It was the Tesla delivery agent who plugged in the supercharger and he did it before he showed us to the vehicle. Did others experience this?
My car was at 80% when I took delivery but I have no supercharger charges. My car wasn't plugged in when I got it. Could be that they flipped the account to delivered while it was still plugged in. I would get them to reverse that charge.

That is probably just a programming nuance of them transferring the car from their account to your account. I bet they don’t even think about this side effect. Ideally they should have the car charged before you arrive and avoid this.

Wondering if anyone else got this text before getting their VIN? (see below) I went to my account page, but I don't see a VIN or way to pay off the final balance. I went to the Tesla.com chat and he said I had a VIN assigned, updated my lending info (I switched from Alliant to UFCU), and said I'd receive a MVPA in 10 minutes.. but that was 2 hours ago and still nothing. Just wondering if y'all had a similar experience before receiving the VIN/MVPA?

"Tesla Update - We are still waiting on funding for your Model Y. In Texas, your vehicle must be funded in full before we can move the car into the state for your June delivery.

In the next 24 hours, please pay any personal balance owed at tesla.com/teslaaccount and email images of your lenders check and their proof of shipping to [email protected]

Without funding, we may need to release your VIN for another waiting customer and delay your delivery by several weeks.

Thank you for your quick attention on these outstanding items. We look forward to getting you behind the wheel of your new Model Y very soon!"

Wondering if anyone else got this text before getting their VIN? (see below) I went to my account page, but I don't see a VIN or way to pay off the final balance. I went to the Tesla.com chat and he said I had a VIN assigned, updated my lending info (I switched from Alliant to UFCU), and said I'd receive a MVPA in 10 minutes.. but that was 2 hours ago and still nothing. Just wondering if y'all had a similar experience before receiving the VIN/MVPA?

"Tesla Update - We are still waiting on funding for your Model Y. In Texas, your vehicle must be funded in full before we can move the car into the state for your June delivery.

In the next 24 hours, please pay any personal balance owed at tesla.com/teslaaccount and email images of your lenders check and their proof of shipping to [email protected]

Without funding, we may need to release your VIN for another waiting customer and delay your delivery by several weeks.

Thank you for your quick attention on these outstanding items. We look forward to getting you behind the wheel of your new Model Y very soon!"
I got a text on June 4th with similar information for my delivery that was tentatively set for June 13th but I had a VIN on 5/28 (source code) and via e-mail confirmation from my delivery team a couple days later with the MVPA. Communication is very inconsistent with Tesla. I had an ongoing e-mail conversation with the folks in Nevada to the all the paper work settled. My main issue was they way they handled my trade re-evaluation but once we were past that it wasn't too bad. From what I'm seeing trade ins may be slowing things down. Do you have a trade?

I got a text on June 4th with similar information for my delivery that was tentatively set for June 13th but I had a VIN on 5/28 (source code) and via e-mail confirmation from my delivery team a couple days later with the MVPA. Communication is very inconsistent with Tesla. I had an ongoing e-mail conversation with the folks in Nevada to the all the paper work settled. My main issue was they way they handled my trade re-evaluation but once we were past that it wasn't too bad. From what I'm seeing trade ins may be slowing things down. Do you have a trade?

So I ended up getting a text from the Austin delivery team to send my insurance info and my account updated with a VIN, MVPA and they selected the tentative delivery date/time for me of next Tuesday.

Now I'm nervous. Sc did not phone to change austin weeks ago scheduled delivery date of 7-11 to 6-30. You think the W/W PUP 21" is going to be rush delivered for qtr numbers? Planning on full ppf but if a push with paint issues & other...let them hold it for week to fix. Hey..picked weeks ago 6/30 as insurance start date. I know it was in ark train depot 2 weeks ago...maybe all well. SLV12 vanity plates will now have a new bumper.

Now I'm nervous. Sc did not phone to change austin weeks ago scheduled delivery date of 7-11 to 6-30. You think the W/W PUP 21" is going to be rush delivered for qtr numbers? Planning on full ppf but if a push with paint issues & other...let them hold it for week to fix. Hey..picked weeks ago 6/30 as insurance start date. I know it was in ark train depot 2 weeks ago...maybe all well. SLV12 vanity plates will now have a new bumper.

I’m picking up on 6/30 in Austin also. What’s your VIN? Mines 22xxx so hoping it won’t be too bad with the higher VIN.

I’m picking up on 6/30 in Austin also. What’s your VIN? Mines 22xxx so hoping it won’t be too bad with the higher VIN.
Well: mines 1165x...1/2 yours. Might drive by service center and walk the back lot. Did that last week...but my pup was not on lot. They should either have it ( prepping for delivery) or I'll have a test run doing qc review of others. Gives me a chance to spin by the ppf center to give then a heads up ( yep..if all goes well at delivery, driving it to ppf dealer 3 blocks away). Maybe I'll see you tuesday. Good luck.

Well got my VIN today for pickup Tuesday. Not sure I can pull off everything in time but will give it a shot!

Does anyone know if I can pay the taxes via credit card for the points? I know I have a bit of time after pickup but still want to try!

Thanks all!

Well;..I walked the Austin SC lot, backlot and the overfill lot (Gateway Church off Spicewood). Did not see your car or mine. Might be in bay lot at dealership. Cross our fingers on delivery Tuesday 6-30. Talked to PPF auto detailer....have appointment same afternoon when I take delivery. Said 'Whites" not as bad a problem with paint as blues. He does 10 or so a week. I'm going with Full PPF, not satin, ceramic, alloygators, Ceramic, windshield and full tint, chrome delete. That will take 7 to 10 days.

Well got my VIN today for pickup Tuesday. Not sure I can pull off everything in time but will give it a shot!

Does anyone know if I can pay the taxes via credit card for the points? I know I have a bit of time after pickup but still want to try!

Thanks all!

Have you paid already, or did they request payment today? I thought Texas orders had to be paid in advance (not sure if this is before it leaves factory, or before car enters state), so I figured we would have a longer window between when we receive the VIN and scheduled delivery.