Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Model Ys

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More wild stories now from Service Center TXT and my Tesla Page, starting to think the 6-30-2020 delivery date is phantom.
It now appears I have 2 tesla's coming in: both on the same day (1pm and 4pm, 6/30,)...two different vins, although maybe the later VIN F023145 is the later build...and possibly in better shape. Yeah, i ordered a second identical configured vehicle in May..thinking they lost the first one.
I have now have insurance on both, paid for one. RN111243783 ordered 3-14-19, and second one RN113500492 ordered 5-2019.
This is crazy...I also talked to SC Austin, and they changed weeks ago the second order to a Rear Rear 2021.
Well....I'll pay for both, return one if needed. Maybe just to make QTR Sales, can't believe Tesla would make up delivery on second vehicle....ordered less than 2 months ago.
Trying to send Email to the Tesla account....it's just spinning trying to send.

More to the story....this is really causing me headaches. Phone call to Austin Service Center shows both VINs: 3/14/19 model on last leg to Austin, while the VIN 23145 still out in California. Not sure how Service Center is going to have second vehicle here at 6/30 at 4pm unless they AirDrop it. Unloaded both Insurance IDS, paid for one. Can't really use two (his and her matching PUP W/W 21")
At the same time, Insurance company tells me the Second Vin has lower insurance pricing (based on vin). These are identical...even the white 21" tires (maybe I'll talk more to USAA Monday)
Bottom Line: On top of being so-so with quality, breaking hearts on delivery (recall....first one ordered 3/14/19, cost is $ 100 more than 5/19 order)....and saying BOTH CARS AVAILABLE 6/30 (1st at 1, second at 4 pm). Maybe wife want's second one. I actually phone changed it weeks ago to a Rear Wheel Purple...but...not reflected. Thought I'd push it off to 2021 and take the $ 100 deposit loss.

I’m picking up on 6/30 in Austin also. What’s your VIN? Mines 22xxx so hoping it won’t be too bad with the higher VIN.
I’m picking up on 6/30 in Austin also. What’s your VIN? Mines 22xxx so hoping it won’t be too bad with the higher VIN.

Mine is 133xx and I also was "rescheduled" to June 30th. Seems they try to make Q2 numbers. LR AWD White exterior, black interior, AP,
standard wheels. Seems we all will be there at 4pm :)

P.S> BTW, how is the SC in Austin?

Well got my VIN today for pickup Tuesday. Not sure I can pull off everything in time but will give it a shot!

Does anyone know if I can pay the taxes via credit card for the points? I know I have a bit of time after pickup but still want to try!

Thanks all!

Like any state taxes, you can pay via credit card but they'll charge you a fee. In Dallas county they do anyway. I think it's around 2%

Have you paid already, or did they request payment today? I thought Texas orders had to be paid in advance (not sure if this is before it leaves factory, or before car enters state), so I figured we would have a longer window between when we receive the VIN and scheduled delivery.
Yea it was all very fast.
Got my VIN and delivery text at the same time 1030 am. Called the SA around noon to ask if it really will be here on Tuesday. I was told the car will be in Arkansas Sunday or Monday and as long as funding and insurance is done by Monday AM they will have it here Tuesday for end of quarter delivery. So we will see! I have everything done on my end at this point!

Any of you folks doing a trade-in as well? I was pulled forward from mid-July to 30 June (along with everyone else is seems), and I still haven’t received the trade-in packet mentioned by the DSS in the initial VIN assignment email.

Going to reach out tomorrow, but just wasn’t sure what to expect in terms of timing (it’s been a week).

Any of you folks doing a trade-in as well? I was pulled forward from mid-July to 30 June (along with everyone else is seems), and I still haven’t received the trade-in packet mentioned by the DSS in the initial VIN assignment email.

Going to reach out tomorrow, but just wasn’t sure what to expect in terms of timing (it’s been a week).
I did a trade in, the Las Vegas person is the one who sends you the packet to sign. Takes a few days after you send it back to finalize your clear to deliver status.

Yea it was all very fast.
Got my VIN and delivery text at the same time 1030 am. Called the SA around noon to ask if it really will be here on Tuesday. I was told the car will be in Arkansas Sunday or Monday and as long as funding and insurance is done by Monday AM they will have it here Tuesday for end of quarter delivery. So we will see! I have everything done on my end at this point!

Good luck! Send us pics when you take delivery.

Perhaps an alternative for you is to sell your car separately and save the June 30 date.

Now awaiting delivery on #2 Model Y White on White PUP with 21" FSD.
Order 1, placed 3-14-2019:, MPA, VIN (1165X), Insurance and paid: $ 70,287.25 Austin SC delivery 6-30-20 at 1pm
Order 2, placed 6-4-2020L MPA, VIN (2314X), insured, not paid yet: $ 70,377.25), Austin SC delivery 6-30-20 at 4pm
Tuesday should be an interesting day. Vegas phoned me today....said car was on Train transport. Still don't see how they can try to deliver by Tuesday....but they want their remaining payment (VEHICLE 2).
Insurance per USAA cheaper by $ 105 a year...rep said...better safety equipment (really..guess I need to look at detail declarations)

Not sure if will be able to post more over coming days: 1. Fund the second car ?, 2. take delivery of both (him and her IDENTICAL cars). Actually, changed order with SC weeks ago to push 2nd to 2021, blue and rear wheel drive. Only reason why I ordered 2nd (with $ 100 deposit) was thinking they LOST the 3-14-19 order. Guess they are showing me they can CAST a second PUP in less than 3 weeks.

Looks like the process for addressing delivery issues varies. I found a few things on the initial inspection but didn't want to spend hours at the service center, so I showed my delivery guy the ones I found. He told me to insure I check the car in the next 24 hours and then schedule a service appointment for them. I did that, about 10 items that I know mobile service won't be able to address completely. We will see.

Now for a new topic for us Texans.... anyone have the joy of trying to get their car registered and plates ordered yet? I was told the paperwork would be FedExed to me in 7-10 days. I'm hoping I can do this without having to go to the tax office as those places are a mess and I can't even imagine what they would be like now. I think we can do this all on line but the local Harris county system seems to be down or very slow today. Any insight from anyone that has done this already would be great!

Yes I did this process for my wife's model 3. It all worked out - nothing really remarkable. The only thing I will say is that by the time the Fedex package got to us, we had an incredibly short turn-around time because it came with a warning that if it wasn't completed within 30 days (or whatever the deadline was) we would have to do the whole thing ourselves...and we got it on like day 28 or 29. But even with that, it took just a few minutes to complete and send it back out. So ... don't sweat it, but be ready to act fast. Standing by to pick up my Y and go through this again!

Yes I did this process for my wife's model 3. It all worked out - nothing really remarkable. The only thing I will say is that by the time the Fedex package got to us, we had an incredibly short turn-around time because it came with a warning that if it wasn't completed within 30 days (or whatever the deadline was) we would have to do the whole thing ourselves...and we got it on like day 28 or 29. But even with that, it took just a few minutes to complete and send it back out. So ... don't sweat it, but be ready to act fast. Standing by to pick up my Y and go through this again!

Given the COVID extensions, this shouldn’t matter. We had our paperwork in plenty of time and did everything via dropoff, mail, and phone calls. Easy!

ß

Given the COVID extensions, this shouldn’t matter. We had our paperwork in plenty of time and did everything via dropoff, mail, and phone calls. Easy!

ß
Thanks for the replies Lukanaut and empiredown. I’m giving Tesla a few more days before I start complaining about not getting the packet. Did either one of you order personalized plates? I was wondering if this process allows for that or if you have to get the regular plates first then upgrade?

Thanks for the replies Lukanaut and empiredown. I’m giving Tesla a few more days before I start complaining about not getting the packet. Did either one of you order personalized plates? I was wondering if this process allows for that or if you have to get the regular plates first then upgrade?

We did and it all went fine. You can figure out what you want on the website, then add the charges accordingly.

I wouldn't call if I were you. Didn't you just get your car like a week ago? It's just going to frustrate you, probably not change the process/timeline, and you have plenty of time left on your temp plates, right? Why push it?

Good luck!

We did and it all went fine. You can figure out what you want on the website, then add the charges accordingly.

I wouldn't call if I were you. Didn't you just get your car like a week ago? It's just going to frustrate you, probably not change the process/timeline, and you have plenty of time left on your temp plates, right? Why push it?

Good luck!

Good point. My delivery guy said to expect the paperwork to arrive in 7-10 days. I was going to give it a few days past that but you are probably right. My temp plates are good until early August, so I’ll give them some time. Good to know I can get it all done at one time.

Reactions: empiredown
Picked up my model y today from Plano, white/white 20 black vin 14xxx. Only one very small scuff. You guys had me worried! Very satisfied, didn’t speak to anyone just walked up and unlocked doors via the app and drove off! Couldn’t have been easier..

Attachments

• 8C5DC392-F50C-43A9-9BE8-5EF4507BFEA5.jpeg
    8C5DC392-F50C-43A9-9BE8-5EF4507BFEA5.jpeg
    290.6 KB · Views: 86
Picked up my model y today from Plano, white/white 20 black vin 14xxx. Only one very small scuff. You guys had me worried! Very satisfied, didn’t speak to anyone just walked up and unlocked doors via the app and drove off! Couldn’t have been easier..
Didn't you have to sign papers? What about reporting the scuff, how do you do that? I am picking up there tomorrow__hopefully.