Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Model Ys

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, you can change at a later date. We did. Opted not to trade with Tesla, out the matched CarMax quote. Went with Carvana (which beat then all, even with tax), then paid in cash via their app system. As long as you're paid in full, regardless of how, a few days before when you are scheduled for delivery, you should be fine. We were. That was back in March, pre-shutdown/reopening of course...

Good luck!

They are probably too busy dealing with the recent price drop and all the folks trying to get their order prices changed.
Well now my temp plates expire in a few days and I have heard nothing. Sent another email to everyone at Tesla's email that i have and no response. Pathetic in my book. Had the car in to service this week to fix all the build issues, they only fixed 2 out of 8 issues. Wouldnt let me in the building but quite happy to let me use an Uber and sit in an enclosed vehicle with a stranger during pandemic. But first they left me standing out in the heat for 45 minutes while they were sending me an Uber credit, which never arrived.
Eventually just paid for it myself.
I am waiting for the service review feedback so that I can voice my opinion, but honestly don't expect that to have any effect either, the bar has been set so low by everyone I have dealt with at Tesla.
Good thing I love the car and support the mission, but most of the company sucks. These are the times I think they could actually benefit from a dealer network.
My wife was finally ready to give up her long relationship with Lexus and good service and switch to Tesla, well unlikely to happen now.

Anyone fill me in on lead time MVPA to delivery day? Got my MVPA today and delivery is next Friday the 17th. I thought some of you waited two weeks after MVPA. Could I have someone else’s reject?

For me I got MVPA on 7/6, delivery scheduled 7/20. Yes, 2 weeks.

If you talk to your delivery or sales advisor, they can give you the complete history on the car including date of when it was manufactured, and down to the minute of when the car left the factory gate.

Last edited:
Anyone fill me in on lead time MVPA to delivery day? Got my MVPA today and delivery is next Friday the 17th. I thought some of you waited two weeks after MVPA. Could I have someone else’s reject?
I assume you mean your delivery is the 24th? Still seems fast for TX. I got MVPA on the 11th and delivery is 28th. Doesn't necessarily mean "reject". There are financial or other reasons someone may not have been able to take delivery and the car went to the next person on the list.

I got my MVPA 6/28 and still waiting on delivery. Getting pretty annoyed at this point since I have to start my loan payment and don’t have the car. The last I heard was that the car is on its way but that all the info they can give. The delivery date is just tentative until the car actually arrives at the service center. I’ve had 4 tentative delivery dates now, so I don’t even pay attention to the date in the account page anymore.

Do we have the option of refusing delivery in Texas? We have to pay before they ship the car to TX. The MVPA has a couple statements saying the transaction is done and title is transferred in California. If we refuse delivery at the service center, does it really just fall under the 7 day return policy? I haven't been able to find a definitive answer on this.

I assume you mean your delivery is the 24th? Still seems fast for TX. I got MVPA on the 11th and delivery is 28th. Doesn't necessarily mean "reject". There are financial or other reasons someone may not have been able to take delivery and the car went to the next person on the list.

Bloops. Yes sir. Delivery date the 24th.

I got my MVPA 6/28 and still waiting on delivery. Getting pretty annoyed at this point since I have to start my loan payment and don’t have the car. The last I heard was that the car is on its way but that all the info they can give. The delivery date is just tentative until the car actually arrives at the service center. I’ve had 4 tentative delivery dates now, so I don’t even pay attention to the date in the account page anymore.

Your story blows. I’m sorry to hear. Another example of Tesla’s “stellar” customer service. Comcast must be flattered that Tesla copies their methods for superior customer service.

It sounds like the phone option to talk to someone when you do have a delivery date is just as bad as when you don’t. I hope things improve. I hope they gave you the $3k price adjustment for the inconvenience as well as that’s down right shitty.

Do we have the option of refusing delivery in Texas? We have to pay before they ship the car to TX. The MVPA has a couple statements saying the transaction is done and title is transferred in California. If we refuse delivery at the service center, does it really just fall under the 7 day return policy? I haven't been able to find a definitive answer on this.

They don’t list any state in their policies. But they do list this:

Return Policy
  • If you acquired your vehicle through a third party lessor or lender, you may have other terms or conditions in your lease or financing agreement, which are outside of our control. This return policy may not apply in such situations depending on the agreement between you and your third party lessor or lender.

Placed a second order on 07/15/2020 with the exact same configuration as my first order I placed 02/10/2020 minus the tow hitch. Got VIN assigned for BOTH on 07/18/2020. Cancelled the one without the hitch, estimated delivery August 1st.VIN 32xxx. Delivery advisor states it cant leave California until the car is fully funded. Which is weird because in Q2 they were shipping them out on a train immediately to a neighboring state right off the assembly line so it can be funded by the time it gets closer to Texas.

• Love
Reactions: KRG21
Placed a second order on 07/15/2020 with the exact same configuration as my first order I placed 02/10/2020 minus the tow hitch. Got VIN assigned for BOTH on 07/18/2020. Cancelled the one without the hitch, estimated delivery August 1st.VIN 32xxx. Delivery advisor states it cant leave California until the car is fully funded. Which is weird because in Q2 they were shipping them out on a train immediately to a neighboring state right off the assembly line so it can be funded by the time it gets closer to Texas.

Congrats, finally! Lol I just made my account eligible for a VIN (was on hold till now), so hopefully I get one soon as well.

Forgive me if this has been covered. For those that financed, how did you submit the financed portion of the payment to Tesla? Were your lenders able to wire to funds directly to Tesla, or did you pick up a check from them and send it to Tesla? I'm using Navy federal, and via the online application it's only giving me an option to pick up a check. Just curious.

Forgive me if this has been covered. For those that financed, how did you submit the financed portion of the payment to Tesla? Were your lenders able to wire to funds directly to Tesla, or did you pick up a check from them and send it to Tesla? I'm using Navy federal, and via the online application it's only giving me an option to pick up a check. Just curious.

I used UFCU and they had experience working with Tesla. You should ask someone at Navy if they have any experience with them. I just forwarded my MVPA paperwork which included the VIN when Tesla sent it to me and UFCU did the rest. They sent me a confirmation that I forwarded to my delivery advisor to confirm the delivery.

That was a month ago and still waiting for delivery though

Just got my VIN! Its 33XXX, does that mean it is a recent build?

They called me with the VIN and I forgot to ask about build date, new vehicle vs customer return, etc. She did state that if I get all my loan information in I should expect the vehicle within 2-3 weeks

LR, Turbine, White/Black, NO FSD or Hitch, Dallas.

Just got my VIN! Its 33XXX, does that mean it is a recent build?

They called me with the VIN and I forgot to ask about build date, new vehicle vs customer return, etc. She did state that if I get all my loan information in I should expect the vehicle within 2-3 weeks

LR, Turbine, White/Black, NO FSD or Hitch, Dallas.

I don’t know for certain, but a few of us in the Dallas area have received 32xxx VINs in the past couple days, and you got 33xxx, so they seem sequential. Probably straight from factory.