Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas MR Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received this mail from my delivery advisor. Guess, it is happening!! :)

"Thank you so much for making your final payment. Your vehicle is now fully funded. It will begin transport to the Delivery Center in Texas very soon. I will be reaching out once your vehicle is in transport/on the ground in Texas to confirm your delivery date with you.
If you have not already done so, please place your Tesla under coverage with your insurance company. I normally suggest starting the insurance coverage on the date of your delivery. Once you receive your registration packet, please ensure a photo copy of the proof of insurance is included when you send the packet back to us. "

Congrats!
Did your advisor contact you after you made the payment? I have received an MVPA yesterday and submitted to my CU for payment. However I have not been contacted by DA yet to provide information regarding where the "Loan" payment needs to be sent.... I have already made my deposit payment which was due at time of delivery.

Congrats!
Did your advisor contact you after you made the payment? I have received an MVPA yesterday and submitted to my CU for payment. However I have not been contacted by DA yet to provide information regarding where the "Loan" payment needs to be sent.... I have already made my deposit payment which was due at time of delivery.

The MVPA document will have the wiring details that the CU will need to send the money to. Is it not there?

The MVPA document will have the wiring details that the CU will need to send the money to. Is it not there?

I do see that. I spoke to my credit union and loan officer informed me that they will fedex overnight a check. I guess the check will be made out to Tesla. Loan officer told me that she sent 2 checks out today.

I guess I will have to clarify with her, instead of sending a check, she will need to wire the money directly to Tesla.

Is that correct?

I do see that. I spoke to my credit union and loan officer informed me that they will fedex overnight a check. I guess the check will be made out to Tesla. Loan officer told me that she sent 2 checks out today.

I guess I will have to clarify with her, instead of sending a check, she will need to wire the money directly to Tesla.

Is that correct?
Check is fine too... Wiring gets the money into Tesla's hands a day earlier. I am not sure, if this helps the actual shipping timeframe though.

I just got an email confirming a order change that was never authorized. My order has been changed to add 19 inch rims which I never wanted and definitely would not pay 1500 extra for. WTF. Anyone had their order changed on them without authorization?

I too had same thing in my account couple hours ago .. however, I just noticed that they did a 'Price Adjustment' for $1500 for the wheels ... so net amount I owe now is same as before though it shows 19" wheels.

might be another bulk order mistake ...

I just got an email confirming a order change that was never authorized. My order has been changed to add 19 inch rims which I never wanted and definitely would not pay 1500 extra for. WTF. Anyone had their order changed on them without authorization?

I too had same thing in my account couple hours ago .. however, I just noticed that they did a 'Price Adjustment' for $1500 for the wheels ... so net amount I owe now is same as before though it shows 19" wheels.

might be another bulk order mistake ...

Hmm free wheels? I’ve heard from a YouTuber that something like that happensed to him at time of pick up. On the car he got 19” even though he had configured the car with 18” aero. He showed original proof of order and they ended up adjusting the price for him.

Same thing happened to my order. Added 19' wheels without my prompt. My new order agreement does not show any credits either, added $1500.

New member here.. ordered 10/21, white on white, delivery set for 12/29. No other communication other than delivery text and the email last night. Thinking of calling them, don't want to wait until the car ships from the factory.

On my order agreement in the email, there is no $1500 discount; however, when I go into my account page, under ordersummary, I noticed there is a $1500 credit and the total amount owed has not changed. Will call today to confirm if this is a free upgrade. I am thinking maybe they made too many cars with the sport rims?

Just got the call from DA .. says the vehicle is already moving, and if we can finish off the funding today, we can expect the car to be delivered much sooner than the current ETA of 30-Dec ... such a relief !

Changed the delivery from home to pickup at SC while on call. Called out about the 19" wheels, she did mentioned that sometimes in manufacturing some upgrades get added but the final price will not change. If it's true, all the better !

Just got the call from DA .. says the vehicle is already moving, and if we can finish off the funding today, we can expect the car to be delivered much sooner than the current ETA of 30-Dec ... such a relief !

Changed the delivery from home to pickup at SC while on call. Called out about the 19" wheels, she did mentioned that sometimes in manufacturing some upgrades get added but the final price will not change. If it's true, all the better !
That’s awesome! Hopefully, I get called too.

Nice! Hopefully my call comes soon too...

I did read a theory where the car had to be fully funded before shipping from California but it seems that is not true from the people that I've talked to. It all seems like once the vehicle is in transit to destination, a VIN gets assigned, and that is when your DA will reach out for the next steps such as MVPA etc.

Just talked to Jennifer at TESLA customer support and was told the VIN populates to your account upon arrival at the Service Center. I would guess that is why when payments are made next day, we notice the delivery window move up. So having the financial ducks in a row is a big deal. So I would also expect that with my 26th delivery date the car will have been at the Dallas service center about a week. This would allow non duck liner uppers to get them so.
To issue the VIN at arrival also makes sense so if your car ends up on it's roof on the side of the road due to transport incident, your bank hasn't sent full payment to TESLA.
Would love to pick up this up the weekend before Christmas. :)

Last edited:

What the heck! I am soo jealous! I am certain that you got the factory complimentary upgrade. I bet they ran out of 18" wheels, instead of waiting for vendor to ship rest and not risking having delays for 2018 delivery they decided to just put 19" since many people don't buy them as much....

sooooooo lucky!!!!

Just talked to Jennifer at TESLA customer support and was told the VIN populates to your account upon arrival at the Service Center. I would guess that is why when payments are made next day, we notice the delivery window move up. So having the financial ducks in a row is a big deal. So I would also expect that with my 26th delivery date the car will have been at the Dallas service center about a week. So this would allow non duck liner uppers to get them so.
To issue the VIN at arrival also makes sense so if your car ends up on it's roof on the side of the road due to transport incident, your bank hasn't sent full payment to TESLA.
Would love to pick up this up the weekend before Christmas. :)

I get that but than how would this process be different than other states? i thought they don't allow any payment transaction to occur while vehicle is in Texas?
Could it be that Tesla is bending some rules for us buyers so we make 2018 full tax credit?

If this is true, I am stoked! I have not been reached out by DA yet but I got my VIN on Monday this week.... Could it be possible if I make all payments by end of this week that I can pick up this weekend?

I get that but than how would this process be different than other states? i thought they don't allow any payment transaction to occur while vehicle is in Texas?
Could it be that Tesla is bending some rules for us buyers so we make 2018 full tax credit?

If this is true, I am stoked! I have not been reached out by DA yet but I got my VIN on Monday this week.... Could it be possible if I make all payments by end of this week that I can pick up this weekend?

Unless they believe that with the demand for the car, a possible cancelled order would/will be snatched up QUICK!
The reason I did reach out this morning is due to reading the 'payment must be made PRIOR to transport' stuff.
Different support reps may tell different 'facts', so who really knows.

So I spoke with a Tesla rep and they confirmed my 19 inch rims were a complimentary upgrade as it would speed up delivery. Seems as they did not make enough black cars with white interiors with 18 inch rims.

I finally got an email from my DA. My account also opened up allowing me to send funds electronically, which was nice as I did not need to physically go to my bank to wire money. All they needed was a routing number and checking account number. Hopefully I can get my delivery sooner than 12/30 as I have completed everything asked of me. So excited.

So I spoke with a Tesla rep and they confirmed my 19 inch rims were a complimentary upgrade as it would speed up delivery. Seems as they did not make enough black cars with white interiors with 18 inch rims.

I finally got an email from my DA. My account also opened up allowing me to send funds electronically, which was nice as I did not need to physically go to my bank to wire money. All they needed was a routing number and checking account number. Hopefully I can get my delivery sooner than 12/30 as I have completed everything asked of me. So excited.

When did you order and what is your config?

Great to see everyone making some progress!