Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chicago MR Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up my model 3 on Saturday afternoon at the Westmont service center. Delivery was delayed a little over an hour but the car was flawless and the staff was courteous. It was worth the wait!

MR
Red
Black interior
19" Sport wheels
Ordered 10/20
Build date on window sticker 11/20
Delivery on 12/8

Reactions: Olds442
Update: Thought I’d share this info. for those who live more than 160 miles away from a Tesla store. I had a home delivery scheduled but the rep talked me out of it saying that there is a small possibility that a home delivery would be done after 12/31. In fact, she said they use a 3rd party to deliver and the delivery date would now be up to the 3rd parties schedule. I opted for delivery at Highland Park. Tesla is supplying a rental and I have the same delivery date. Seemed like a scare tactic but I bit because so don’t want to chance loosing half of the $7500.

One more thing...I have a guy who keeps contacting me from the forums. He states that if I use his referral code, he will give me $150 gift card. Has anyone else heard of this? I’m a cop and it seems like a scam for my code. I’d have to trust him. He’d get his code credit and I’d have no way of enforcing the $150 he promised. What EXACTLY is he getting if I use his code? Thanks.

One more thing...I have a guy who keeps contacting me from the forums. He states that if I use his referral code, he will give me $150 gift card. Has anyone else heard of this? I’m a cop and it seems like a scam for my code. I’d have to trust him. He’d get his code credit and I’d have no way of enforcing the $150 he promised. What EXACTLY is he getting if I use his code? Thanks.

What he's doing is no longer permitted under the Tesla rules (incentivizing someone to use their referral code - see this link) or the site rules (a moderator like @ohmman should be notified). He's doing it to earn prizes under the Tesla Referral Program, it could be a 2% discount off the 2020 Roadster. Better to use the code of someone who has helped you along the way than violate Tesla's rules (although the person incentivizing you is really the rule-breaker). Or at least hold out for a mini-Tesla code or Elon-signed HPWC like others have been offering. ;)

• Informative
Reactions: ohmman
I had a home delivery scheduled but the rep talked me out of it saying that there is a small possibility that a home delivery would be done after 12/31. In fact, she said they use a 3rd party to deliver and the delivery date would now be up to the 3rd parties schedule. I opted for delivery at Highland Park. Tesla is supplying a rental and I have the same delivery date. Seemed like a scare tactic but I bit because so don’t want to chance loosing half of the $7500.
Where are you? It has to be because of the distance. I just spoke to my Solar person at HP and she said she noticed my home delivery and was going to try to get "on it" so she can check out the roof.
Earlier when I initially spoke with the delivery notification guy, David I believe, he said I could pick it up at HP or take the home delivery and it would be the same day either way, my choice. So I'm guessing it's because you are 160 miles out.
I volunteered to help with EOQ so maybe I'll get to help some people get familiar with their cars, that'd be cool.

Good news comes to those who wait (1,000 days for me; a mere five weeks for my friend Lisa who ordered hers Nov 10)... My blue and Lisa's white MR 3s had a joint 4pm delivery yesterday (Dec 14) at Westmont, IL. Both 3s have white interior and EAP, and both cars are absolutely PERFECT (fit and finish, and great to drive!). I had actually cancelled my order - in writing and also with a call to Customer Support - a couple weeks ago because I found a mint condition Signature Red P85 that I couldn't resist (as a former S85 owner). As I began my 2,000 mile drive home in the Sig P85 (departing Seattle for Iowa) on Dec 7, Tesla sent me my first correspondence in 7 weeks to congratulate me on my upcoming Westmont delivery! After a long negotiation with my wonderful wife, we decided to go ahead and take delivery of the 3, too. And I couldn't be happier with our decision. This MR 3 is the best vehicle I've ever driven. Lisa's white 3 had 6 miles on it; my blue 3 had 8 miles. Within 30 miles of driving, the EAP calibration was complete and we drove home safely through thick fog and lots of otherwise dangerous Chicago traffic. EAP greatly reduced any stress caused by Chicago traffic with poor visibility (fog and mist, at 32F). We got back to the Quad Cities around 11pm, and I could have driven onto Omaha (I was having so much fun as a first-timer driving with EAP). :) So for all those still waiting for your 3, but maybe nervous about past TMC stories of poor fit and finish (especially paint)...I believe Fremont has turned the corner and Tesla is now building excellent vehicles all around. Our VINs were almost identical (perhaps built on the same day), ending in 155xxx. Both were built in Dec 2018 according to the door plate, so literally last week. Our 3s took an efficient and speedy train ride (likely Union Pacific) to Chicago (where the rail yard is several miles from Westmont). And they arrived without delay for a quick prep and delivery to two very happy customers. Kudos to Westmont Sales/Service for a great delivery experience, especially Tonya who gave us our 30 minute walk-through/set up (jointly on Lisa's car, since I was aware of most features as a previous S owner). And if you ask nicely, they'll even bring you that "Day 1 Reservation Holder" gift of the die cast red Model 3.

IMG_0503.JPG

Reactions: Olds442
x8G5DC9.jpg

ended up picking up in highland park. gabby and joe helped with it but it was pretty quick. they made sure i knew what i was doing and understood every control. the car is a little dirty but i'll be washing it tomorrow, i'd rather anyway.

dayum those seats are amazing compared to my classic p85. very pleased here.

RlPrQeP.jpg

this is the first "new" car i've ever purchased.

Reactions: Emmexx1 and Dre78