Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They just opened TWO supercharger stations in Great Northwest today.
So, maybe now that team can now direct their energies toward a couple of other new Supercharger stations.
Maybe even some in Texas.

Agreed. Last time I checked there are a few more people in Texas than Washington. I believe Texas is the number 3 state in the union for Tesla Model S sales. They have over 1,000 sold.

Agreed. Last time I checked there are a few more people in Texas than Washington. I believe Texas is the number 3 state in the union for Tesla Model S sales. They have over 1,000 sold.
The Austin folks believe Texas is number two in sales after California. Imagine what the sales will be like once we get that dealer problem sorted out...

In any event, I think we'll see the Florida Superchargers before either of the Texas ones.

I have seen and read some of the accounts for the Washington SC openings and ribbon cutting.
If my schedule permits, and as further Details are revealed, I am planning be in attendance for at least one of the Texas Super Charger Station Openings:
<<<GAME CHANGER>>>

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374352433.924593.jpg

Today's recon.

Across Main St. Madisonville. From the Buc ee's parking lot. No other info available. Potential site. Looking like they are tearing "something" down next to the old Exxon.

Just out of curiousity, did you ICE this trip?

You and I have both made the Tesla Run to Galveston once. I felt like it was worth the adventure, but a subsequent trip with my wife was in a gas car. We've also delayed and re-routed family trips that were originally planned for San Antonio pending the SC installs.

Andy

This was done in a honker quad cab pickup - quite a departure from the whole point of this car. Not gonna try it in the S, again.

FWIW, you are 100% spot on. Doing the trip was an adventure. Sort of a "in your face, Cali and Northeast road trippers". But, having said that, it's like pledging a fraternity. Fun planning. Right up til hell week - and once it's over, you dont wanna do it again. Ever.

I'll patiently wait for the SC.

Thanks for the picture, could it be a supercharger setup? I mean, what else could it possibly be? It only makes sense to have one at buc-ees, which is right dab in the middle of dallas-houston
My guess would be not. If it's at Buckees, it needs to be at Buckees, not across Main St. It's not going to be optimal to have people cross the street for bathrooms & snacks. I think Tesla will at least make sure they have that need met.

It it's not at Buckees, maybe it's in town. The Normal, IL Supercharger is a couple of miles away from the Interstate so that it can be at the regional mall. Maybe that's the strategy that will be used in Temple & Madisonville (not that Madisonville has a substantial mall).

If it's not at Buckees, though, there are few other reasonable locations. Maybe Texas Burger or one of the other fast food restaurants on the other side of I45. I think further into downtown Madisonville isn't likely. Even then, the cluster of gas stations and that hotel are probably the only 24 hour operations in Madisonville.

Last edited: