Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will be scoping out Waco again tomorrow night - there should definitely be ground broken by now if the rumor is true.

Regarding Temple, this does not surprise me at all. The powers that be in this town are exceedingly resistant to change/innovation. Very much run by an old boys' club.
This is something the Waco / Temple TV station might be happy to help investigate, especially now that we have San Marcos live. I've found the print media in the area to be pretty much uninterested. At least with TV, they will like the opportunity to do an interview with a nearby resident and show off a popular car.

Picture.jpg
FWIW I called the offices of the Central TX Marketplace (IMO the best potential Waco SC site) and spoke with the developer. She said that Tesla stopped by a few months ago and did a formal survey, then presented them with some paperwork, basically allowing Tesla rights to place superchargers at the site. That was about 6-8 weeks ago, and she said that she has not heard anything more about it since. They did not make it as far as discussing where within the center that the chargers would be located, but I found several that would be fitting (e.g. the picture above). She said that [CTX Marketplace] was excited about the idea of SC placement there and hoped that this would move forward, but nothing yet. So, is Tesla having permit issues in Waco, or did they choose somewhere else instead. To be continued!

Maybe we (someone) should see if the contractor group from San Marcos rented any heavy equipment from outfits in that area. I mean, call Jim Bob and Billy's excavators and see if they leased a backhoe last month to said contractor.

I dunno. Just texting out loud.

Conducted another scouting trip through Waco yesterday evening, and alas, no suspicious activity identified. I specifically checked the Richland Mall/BJs, Central TX Marketplace, Rudy's, and several points along the access roads lining IH35 (N and S) through greater Waco. I agree that Rudy's would be a prime location - right off of 35 and at a major intersection in Waco. The parking lot abuts an electrical substation, although the lot itself is rather small and crowded. This would still rank below CTX marketplace IMO.

Conducted another scouting trip through Waco yesterday evening, and alas, no suspicious activity identified. I specifically checked the Richland Mall/BJs, Central TX Marketplace, Rudy's, and several points along the access roads lining IH35 (N and S) through greater Waco. I agree that Rudy's would be a prime location - right off of 35 and at a major intersection in Waco. The parking lot abuts an electrical substation, although the lot itself is rather small and crowded. This would still rank below CTX marketplace IMO.

When I was at Austin store, they insisted that Waco was next by Sept. It's so silly to keep it a big secret--who cares, just tell us where you're putting the Supercharger!

Historically, folk at the Galleries haven't necessarily been more informed than avid readers of this site. I hope it's Waco, but I've been burned before and am not going to take it as fact without further evidence. We should keep our eyes elsewhere too.

Any more Texas SuperChargers are good wherever they are.