Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
+1 to having in Texarkana (MD home state as well), it is the missing link to the rest of the eastern part of the USA from Texas. And having one in Shreveport is also vital for those who want to go to New Orleans rather than be forced to go downwards toward Houston then cut across. I am sure when more superchargers are in place by this time next year, Tesla will start seeing where there is empty spaces and the requests being made to get them filled.

Thread shift:

Thoughts about having one in Texarkana? I have asked them about this with no response. If I want to go back "home" (Maryland) I really would like to make the straight shot through Tennessee rather than try to shoot through OKC or down through Georgia. Anyone else feel strongly about this?

I suggested Texarkana or Minden, LA. Minden is a little over 200 miles from Dallas a little less than 200 miles from Jackson, MS where they have one planned already. They could finish off that southern I-20 path with a stop around Tuscaloosa. Texarkana has the benefit of only needing one extra station to open a new path. With Minden, you can still head east through the planned dots in Jackson and the one around Selma/Mobile, but Minden+Tuscaloosa would really help fill out the gaps on the map.

There is no real way to get to Los Angeles from Texas in the future plans but to go through OK city and across.

Also Shreveport is also a good one..
It looks like I-10 is the intention, and it looks very doable in an 85. Depending on where the Western NM location is located, there is around a 200-230 mile stretch between that spot and the Casa Grande dot between Tucson and Phoenix. Adding a spot east of Tucson would make the Southern Route a piece of cake in 2015.

- - - Updated - - -

I can get from Huntsville or Madisonville to Texarkana but wouldn't be able to get back without finding a charge in Texarkana. And, there is essentially no public charging in Texarkana.

I agree that Texarkana would be ideal to better-connect the network, and it would certainly be super-convenient for you. San Marcos provides a similar convenience for me. Nonetheless, I maintain that we should always assume that we will have to charge at our destination city. Some of the Corpus Christi discussions earlier in this thread were similar. Even though the public infrastructure is spoty in places like Corpus, Texarkana and countless other smaller cities and hamlets, there are ways to charge with a little ingenuity.

Dryer jacks and RV parks are the two most likely candidates. Welding shops also work. Considering that it is an ancestral home and a regular destination, you might consider having a 240 circuit installed somewhere near their breaker box where you can park. Or simply ask how close the laundry room is to a window, door or the garage. Charging adaptors open up the world: http://shop.teslamotors.com/collections/model-s-charging-adapters

I also hope we get more E of Dallas.

Looking at the map, we do need more East of Dallas. Maybe Mt. Pleasant & Hope for Little Rock drives; & Tyler, Shreveport, Alexandria for New Orleans drives:
SuperChargersTXArea2.jpg

Let us not forget about points South! One SC on IH37 south of San Antonio could cover Corpus, Victoria, Harlingen/Edinburg, and really Laredo as well (with a little detour). Was thinking of moving to Corpus in a year or so, but I am nervous of my P60 (and future Model X) coming with me :-/

CONFIRMED TODAY (don't ask me how or where) and if you don't want to believe--no worries. Tesla source.

WACO IT IS. RIGHT ON I-35, ALREADY BEING BUILT. SOURCE HAS SEEN SITE AND EQUIPMENT.

As to when, exact quote "SOONER RATHER THAN LATER--MUCH SOONER"

Someone start looking. There was also mention of " plenty of eating/drinking options" by site.

Okay, just passing info along. Take it or leave it...

PS - As you probably know already, Temple was not allowed because of permitting--the Congressman from that district is in the pockets of Tx Auto Dealers lobby and personally stopped it. Sounds like a politician to me. Anyone in that district don't vote for this guy!

Last edited:
PS - As you probably know already, Temple was not allowed because of permitting--the Congressman from that district is in the pockets of Tx Auto Dealers lobby and personally stopped it. Sounds like a politician to me. Anyone in that district don't vote for this guy!

That congressman probably cost a lot of local people in Temple some hard currency from people, shopping, eating, etc. while their cars are being re-charged.
He got HIS (kick-back money), so he's really not that worried about his constituents, IMHO just very short-sighted on his part.

A very special place in the annals of Texas history awaits this fine specimen of a politician.

In the olden days, stage coaches and railroads were sought after by forward thinking folks as a long-term source of income.
Those that missed the front end tie-in, seldom grew to their best potential.

I've yet to see a politician think further ahead then the next campaign contribution.

If he has any brain cells at all, one day - in the distant future - he will realize his failures as he will be sitting in a nursing home watching EMTV (Elon Musk Television) and seeing how the hyper loop has been extended to Mars, the cities that originally adopted the superchargers are grandfathered into the free electricity they the uber efficient panels produce, and his city becomes the third largest storer of radioactive waste.

Sigh.

CONFIRMED TODAY

WACO IT IS. RIGHT ON I-35, ALREADY BEING BUILT. SOURCE HAS SEEN SITE AND EQUIPMENT.

Terrific!!!!
Three confirmed locations.
San Marcos (Operational)
Columbus (Under Construction)
Waco (Under Construction)

Bet Corsicana is at least one of the other ones (due to Collin St. Bakery tie-in @ Waco)
Huntsville? any broken ground/indications of activity?

Things are progressing nicely.
If all concerned parties really got it in high gear, Waco could be completed before Sept. 21 (Summer)....or if not, definitely completed by this Fall.
Before Sept 21 would be AWESOME.

Glad you found it Twid--I was sworn to not tell location, but I was happy to confirm city earlier and other info :smile:

The PERFECT place for it IMHO.

Glad to help :)

____________ from earlier today __________
CONFIRMED TODAY (don't ask me how or where) and if you don't want to believe--no worries. Tesla source.

As to when, exact quote "SOONER RATHER THAN LATER--MUCH SOONER"

Someone start looking. There was also mention of " plenty of eating/drinking options" by site.

Okay, just passing info along. Take it or leave it...

Last edited:
I need a name. What is it? I want it.

Yes, which one?

Texas U.S. Representative

Congressional District 31--Congressman John R. Carter
Texas Congressional Member Websites

Texas State Senator

Senate District 24--Senator Troy Fraser
Capitol Office: CAP 1E.12
Capitol Phone: (512) 463-0124
Capitol Address: P.O. Box 12068, Capitol Station
Austin, TX 78711
District Address: P. O. Box 12068
Austin TX 78711
Phone: (254) 939-3562
State District Offices

Texas State Representative

House District 55--Representative Ralph Sheffield
Capitol Office: EXT E2.322
Capitol Phone: (512) 463-0630
Capitol Address: P.O. Box 2910
Austin, TX 78768
District Address: 3000 S. 31st Street, Ste. 302
Temple TX 76502
Phone: (254) 774-9888

- okay, Cheetah, you know what to do. And the questions to ask. Remember, This means the difference between me getting up at zero-dark-thirty and being able to have breakfast with my wife. It doesn't look like the 6th is anywhere close to being achieved, but it still gives me a nice warm fuzzy feeling as I think my eldest daughter may sic 'em in the fall.

@bollar - the spineless chap in Tyler who turned down the permit so that he could have a steak dinner at Saltgrass paid for by Dooey Cheetham and Howe, representatives of NADA (of which my ex father in law as a member, BTW)

@twiddler - I must say (although I do not like white) your pearl looks mighty nice in that dusk photo, albeit of the iphone type genre.

(And Souteast Power needs a spell checker)

[Last Edit, I promise]

photo-1.PNG

[BTW - notice that the iPhone 4S from AT&T with unlimited data is tethered .... sorry, wrong thread]

Last edited: